strange sound problem xp sp3 x86

nik

ive nlited an xp sp3 n installed it in my pc.but i get this sound problem:

if i play songs/vids immediately after booting i hav no problem.but if i close my media player(i use only vlc player) n then later play songs/vids i do not get sound from the media !! :blink: but video plays ok.

so i havto start my media player after booting xp n not close it ever so as to b able to listen to sound.

this is wht i get when i click 'volume control' from notification area:

soundk.jpg

ive put all my drivers n created my Nlited xp but actually i hav no idea what items ive excluded by Nlite ing .... so lil help is needed n will b apreciated.

ty. :hello:

nik, this is really a strange one. Have you run this SW before using nLite and it worked OK? Have you tried the makers support site and/or support forum? Have you searched here and there for others with similar problems? So, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

I had a similar problem long time before I started with nLite. I'll be short: after a short time I had to replace my sound card. I hope for your sake this is not your problem, but it's something you may have to consider.

• 2 weeks later...

nik, what is dotnetfx3.exe in your hot fix section? If this is really .NET Framework, then you need to remove it because .NET cannot be run as an update. Besides this, the most likely candidate I see is your audio drivers. Are you sure you have the correct drivers for your audio card? You can try DLing and installing new drivers to see if this corrects the problem. Please let us know. Enjoy, John.

nik, have you built an ISO without the .NET and following the following? Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

Please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP.

i nlited an Xp wit already integrated Sp3. i dont know if that counts as fresh i also dunno how authentic my source is.

plus now i think the problem occurs from a virus n not from nlite ing , bcuz i nlited a new version from my same source n installed it on my frens pc.

it was all good untill a virus broke out in the system n den the problem resurfaced.it mayb some programme i used.apparently my antivirus let me down :X.

apart from that i had some querry

after i intigrate drivers some popups arise askin to chose 'pnp mode' or 'text mode' drivers. does it matter which one i choose ?

plus im unsure how to add executable files (of programmes) into the cd so tht i dont need to install those programmes manually after xp installation is complete.

thnx for helping me so much :).

most drivers can be installed through PNP, while SATA, RAID or AHCI drivers should go through textmode.

Concerning programmes, try to find add-ons for the programmes you need; check the application add-ons sub-forum here under nLite forum, and a lot of people also make add-ons. You probably won't find everything you want, but there is an option to make your own add-ons (you can find detailed instructions through search.)

Enjoy,

Sp0iLedBrAt

i also dunno how authentic my source is.
nik, you must correct this first. The forum rules (see top of page) do not allow discussion of warez. If you are not sure, then you probably have obtained an illegal copy of Windows. These will always be suspect and may contain all kinds of bad stuff. You need to start with a genuine copy of Windows with a legal key.
after i intigrate drivers some popups arise askin to chose 'pnp mode' or 'text mode' drivers. does it matter which one i choose ?
If you are adding text mode drivers (have a txtsetup.oem file), you must answer 'text mode'. Please let us know when you obtain a valid copy of Windows and a valid key. Enjoy, John.

Please let us know when you obtain a valid copy of Windows and a valid key

i own a valid Xp cd n key.but my xp cd is in bad state. :thumbup

so i use key on other downloaded warez xp :P

thnx for helping me out guys. ill go back to some more xperimenting now.cya later. :)

Edited by nik