Freezing Laptop battery to regain battery life?

XPDUDE777

My battery life is terrible :( on my Toshiba Satellite A10-S1291 I have heard of putting the battery in the freezer to regain battery life. So I wrapped it in plastic wrap, then taped around the plastic wrap with masking tape, then put it in a freezer bag, and put it in the freezer last night and will check it out when I get home. My fingers are crossed. Anybody ever do this and have any luck with it? Also if you have any other remedies I would greatly appreciate it. :yes:

Thank You!

Edited by XPDUDE777

Batteries are NOT "all-the-same".

Different kind of batteries may require different procedures to attempt recovering (if possible at all) some lost capacity.

Here is a site where some good info is given:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/

If it's a Li_Ion battery, the freezing WON'T work (and it is possibly DANGEROUS).

Read comments here:

http://lifehacker.com/software/batteries/r...ezer-308225.php

And directly from the given site:

There are no remedies to restore lithium-ion once worn out. A momentary improvement in performance is noticeable when heating up the battery. This lowers the internal resistance momentarily but the condition reverts back to its former state when the temperature drops. Cold temperature will increase the internal resistance.
-Do not charge lithium-ion at or below freezing temperature. Although accepting charge, an irreversible plating of metallic lithium will occur that compromises the safety of the pack.
Another safety issue is cold temperature charging. Consumer grade lithium-ion batteries cannot be charged below 0°C (32°F). Although the packs appear to be charging normally, plating of metallic lithium occurs on the anode while on a sub-freezing charge. The plating is permanent and cannot be removed. If done repeatedly, such damage can compromise the safety of the pack. The battery will become more vulnerable to failure if subjected to impact, crush or high rate charging.

jaclaz