Comparison of Vista SP2 and Windows 7

spacesurfer

Anyone has been able to dual boot and compare Vista SP2 with Windows 7 RC, in terms of boot time, speed, stability, responsiveness, etc.

I'm curious if SP2 brings the same improvements as Windows 7 has been so far.

Yes, i have Vista SP2 x64 and windows 7 RC x64 dual boot. Trust me, Vista SP2 does not bring any performance improvements (maybe just a slight overall speed increase, but i have not noticed anything).

Vista SP2 is just all the vista post SP1 updates with few extra features microsoft added, eg windows search 4.0 (which am sure you already know)

I have been switching between vista and windows 7 on my dual boot, and for me, windows 7 is more snappier faster, and boot time is also faster with windows 7.

I really thought Vista SP2 would improve the performance of Vista by a large margin, but so far it has disappoint me in terms of performance. Overall stability and reliability wise, its great!

Am sticking with windows 7 RC as my main OS for the time being

Edited by shahed26

Wouldnt be suprised if more people say the same thing "Vista SP2 did not bring hardly any performance improvement"

IMO, Vista was a mistake from microsoft, and soon as windows7 releases, vista will be history. Although i hardly had any problems with vista since SP1.

Windows 7 is really shaping up to be a very good OS, but still there a few flaws, which am sure microsoft will fix before RTM.

IMO, Vista was a mistake from microsoft

In what respect was vista a mistake?

All of the features that vista brought to the desktop operating system arena, low level innovations that vista brought to the windows Kernel... Guess what Windows 7 has them too, except it has evolved one step further.

IMO

Vista = WIN

Win 7 = WIN + 1

:D

There really aint really a comparison between vista and windows 7 Windows 7 rocks it blows vista out of the water it will make everybody forget about vista which is a good thing vista sucks eggs

I am dual booting vista and windows 7 and i gotta tell ya windows 7 is soooooooooooooooooooo much faster and snappier realiable stable than vista it takes forever to boot vista and takes only a few seconds to boot windows 7

I love windows 7 :thumbup

way to go microsoft

i am planning on installing windows 7 on as many of my pcs as i can it is so much better than xp and vista combined vista can get sucked into a black hole for all i care i hate vista

Edited by XPDUDE777

I checked the release notes for SP2 since the begining and I knew that I won't need to test it because it is just some new features. I'm using 7 as a main OS and only minors problem so far that i can deal with.