Windows Services don't automatcially start

stein_brian

Yes, if you tell it to. Otherwise it will make you think you have a good overwrite. I had that trouble when I started using nLite. Imgburn won't eject the disk after it erases, either. In fact, it will tell you that the disk needs to be erased.

I was just trying to tell the man what could be happening.

stein_brian, thanks for the experiment results. I know of no guides except the threads I suggested you search for here. Some months ago there was a rash of posts about the eee (or whatever) netbook. Otherwise you will need to run some more experiments. I strongly recommend that you install a virtual system for this. VirtualPC, VirtualBox and VMware Server are all free. This will stop the burning of coasters and install is faster than on HW. I install my XP x64 under VMware Server in less than 15 minuets. First I suggest you try setting Computer Type to Automatic, removing all of your Services changes and removing about half of your component removals. In my nLite (x64), I cannot even see some of the options you have selected (guess they are not present or not support by nLite for x64). This makes it impossible for me to look at yours and see what warnings are being issued. Perhaps the place to start would be all those that are in red. Remember to always start with a fresh source. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, john.