Windows 7 effectivity

DarkUltra

Hi!

Windows 7 may look good, but I feel like sitting in front of a Mac, because of small issues hampering my effectiveness. Almost feel al ittle handicapped :blink:

1. no file size summary in the "details pane." Only shows how many items. Now I have to select all files and choose properties and then i can see what size they use.

2. can't "breadcrumb" up to the desktop

3. few windows are actually affected when changing window color

4. must go to Advanced - Monitor to change screen refresh rate.

5. can no longer close windows by right clicking their tab in task bar and pressing "c" on the keyboard.

6. long filenames are truncated and hidden.

7. Difficult to select files, not much space between file icons

8. main window shadow too dark, hides too much of the windows behind

9. The new super bar requires two clicks and identification of a thumbnail. I find this much slower then the classic with an icon and name.

10. Sort by tabs like size and name should be present in all view modes.

1. no file size summary in the "details pane." Only shows how many items. Now I have to select all files and choose properties and then i can see what size they use.

Works for me as long as I don't select a folder, which is the same way vista was.

if you mean the ".." folders, sorry can't help there. Use the favorites listing desktop is right there.

3. few windows are actually affected when changing window color

4. must go to Advanced - Monitor to change screen refresh rate.

Same as Vista, and XP

5. can no longer close windows by right clicking their tab in task bar and pressing "c" on the keyboard.

Shift right click then C

Where?

7. Difficult to select files, not much space between file icons

Again where? What view are you using?

8. main window shadow too dark, hides too much of the windows behind

9. The new super bar requires two clicks and identification of a thumbnail. I find this much slower then the classic with an icon and name.

This I agree is a pain to get used to

Well you don't have size in all view modes. And it sorts by the data displayed, yes they could sort by other data but then users would get confused when a folder was sorted Z, A, Q, B for no apparent reason.

- I'd have to agree. It doesn't show the file size total of all files like it used to in XP. It's annoying.

- Sure you can, see picture below. You can even add desktop to you favorites as I have done.

- sometimes it's better to truncate.

- just change the taskbar setting to "never combine". you'll go back to the classic way of displaying tasks in taskbar.

Yes, sometimes I wish it wouldn't assume I need a "rating" column just because I have one picture of music file in the folder. This is one annoying feature. I don't care for rating in any of my folders.

But anyway. you just have to work with it. No OS is perfect.

post-25917-1241559415_thumb.png