Licensed Memory in Windows Vista

GrofLuigi

Well I hope he wasn't banned for just having different opinion :)

Definitely not. The world would be a boring place if we all agreed and liked the same things and so on.

No, this particular user registers, posts in a busy post with misinformation (on purpose, it seems), and then tells the OP (it was me this time, but it has been others) that they're wrong and tries to convince others he (or she?) is right.

...while making use of sarcasm and making it sound like other (extremely knowledgeable) members are clueless and lecturing/insulting them -- repeatedly (see rule 7b). And after being banned for that kind of behavior (not by me that is, but it clearly sends a message that him and his poor attitude aren't wanted around here), he makes use of anon proxies to evade/circumvent the ban to start the exact same crap yet again. Besides, when we ban someone, it's because we don't want them around, we don't just want them to just open yet another account instead (those kind of people tend to get banned repeatedly anyhow)

• 4 years later...

Just want to thank Mr. Geoff Chappell for his whistleblower article on memory limitations in 32-bit Windows, it has been useful to me.

13343646.gif

Seems that isn't the first time he has exposed weird behaviours in MS software: AARD code

• 1 month later...

Just want to thank Mr. Geoff Chappell for his whistleblower article on memory limitations in 32-bit Windows, it has been useful to me.

13343646.gif

Seems that isn't the first time he has exposed weird behaviours in MS software: AARD code

Ah, I tried doing the same thing with a Windows 7 install but I couldn't get it to work.

I have a few machines that I'm forced to use Linux on because the processors don't support EM64T/AMD64 and they have 4 GB or more of RAM. One server is an old dual socket Netburst Xeon (8 GB) and the other is an older first gen Intel Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) with 4 GB. Linux is fine and all but there are some things only Windows can do due to lack of support on Linux.