How many forums have you joined?

Aloha

I have no idea what happened to the poll. :unsure:

Whatever it was, it happened more than one year ago:

I am so sorry for making a big mistake on this topic.

Around two hours ago, I edited the first post and I didn't know all the votes were lost! How silly I am! I was in a hurry so I didn't turn the script on and didn't read the post again after I edited. I've asked a Mod to help with the problem. I hope something can be done.

I want to say thanks to all who read this topic and made the votes. And sorry again for the bad mistake I made.

jaclaz

Whatever it was, it happened more than one year ago:

I am so sorry for making a big mistake on this topic.

Around two hours ago, I edited the first post and I didn't know all the votes were lost! How silly I am! I was in a hurry so I didn't turn the script on and didn't read the post again after I edited. I've asked a Mod to help with the problem. I hope something can be done.

I want to say thanks to all who read this topic and made the votes. And sorry again for the bad mistake I made.

jaclaz

I know, I remember that and also remember rebuilding the poll later.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, time passes by so fast, it's a year ago!

Hi everyone! I did make a poll but I lost it by some mistake. It happened when I edited the first post, deleting some sentences. I really wanted to get it back but failed at that time.

So now, we can only talk about how many forums we've joined, which one we like best, and on which one we are most active. No poll to vote any more, and sorry for that.

Well, as for me, I'm still a member of two forums! But I don't come and write posts as often as I used to. I even stop going to the forums I don't belong to. However, I find it always nice to return here and say something like this. I am glad to know everyone and everything are fine.

Tripredacus,

Thanks for fixing the poll, or rebuilding it as you said. Not sure why it's gone. How weird!

I'd be hard pressed to figure out just how many forums I've been a member of over the years. I'm guessing between 50 and 75. Some I was active in for years, mainly malware removal and security forums. I'll generally join a forum when the material is of interest to be, for instance I joined MSFN for the 98 forums. Most of the time, I use the same name. I'm semi-active in a couple of forums, not nearly as much as I used to be. Just not enough time in a day.

• 5 months later...

I'm a member of at least 20 forums and moderator on three of them. I even have one of my own.

I try to visit each forum at least once a week and a very few, once a day.

Since my retirement from my own computer business, I'm caring less and less about computers and more about my little Suzuki SX4.

The Car forums are where I now spend most of my time.

Some of the PC forums got so ridiculous, with people wanting to do things that should never be done with a computer, that I just had to back away from them.

The questions just got stupider and stupider over the past few years, and the answers weren't far behind. I'd read a few posts and just have to log off. :realmad:

No one wants to search for an answer anymore. They just jump on a forum, open a new thread and want to be force-fed the answers. :whistle:

90+% of the questions asked, on forums, could be quickly and efficiently answered by a simple Google Search. Except for polls, of course. :thumbup

B)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The questions just got stupider and stupider over the past few years, and the answers weren't far behind. I'd read a few posts and just have to log off. :realmad:

No one wants to search for an answer anymore. They just jump on a forum, open a new thread and want to be force-fed the answers. :whistle:

90+% of the questions asked, on forums, could be quickly and efficiently answered by a simple Google Search. Except for polls, of course. :thumbup

B)

Huh? ...

OK, I don't come to the forums as often as I used to. If I have small problems I always try to find the answers by using Google search. It will save my time and people's time! I only come to ask for help when I am tired of searching and reading through a lot of information but nothing can solve my problem.

It's interesting to hear people telling about the forums they are joining. Again, sorry for not having a poll any more!

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't join many forums anymore. I used to back in the day. I was a Pokemon fan back in the day as well so I bet I joined about 3 non-popular ones and one high profile one. I've also joined several ToZ of forums which I'm still a fan of the series to this day obviously. Then here. I've been a mod and admin at several of them as well. And for a few years I owned my own vBulletin forum which I ran and had a few friends as admins as well until we just let it go since it wasn't getting the traffic anymore like it used to.

Let's see...

1 back in 2009 back when I played RS (I quit long ago)
1 in 2012 when I was obsessed with a Minecraft server called "Mineplank" owned by ImJustPro
Had an Enjin account for Minecraft, which joined two communities
Another Minecraft server forum in 2013 (I trolled a lot and almost got banned, somehow I didn't because the admins either found my behavior amusing or were too lazy)
BleepingComputer - Attempted to find a forum with Windows 9x support. The 9x section was too inactive for my liking
MSFN - 2015, finally found a nice Windows related forums with Windows 9x discussion and others.
Vogons - Joined there in a desperate attempt to get Windows 9x working on a Dell Latitude D600

In total...8

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I don't join many forums anymore. I used to back in the day. I was a Pokemon fan back in the day as well so I bet I joined about 3 non-popular ones and one high profile one. I've also joined several ToZ of forums which I'm still a fan of the series to this day obviously. Then here. I've been a mod and admin at several of them as well. And for a few years I owned my own vBulletin forum which I ran and had a few friends as admins as well until we just let it go since it wasn't getting the traffic anymore like it used to.

DITO

I am also a big pokemon fan.