xpize 5 Beta 2

W3bbo

I did a system restoration to the restore point before the Anolis one. This solved the problem. Xfire works again, and TF2 works again as well.

Right. I'll release an updated release of xpize 5 soonish (maybe next week, depending on how my examination revision schedule goes) which doesn't patch urlmon.dll. Could you rerun it and see if it makes a difference?

I don't know how to use the resourcer, and I don't know BartPE or Knoppix either (heard about it though), so I just tried this option. If you want to know something else let me know.

Resourcer is my reimplementation of ResHacker (and kicks its arse too). You can't run Resourcer under BartPE or Knoppix though since it requires the .NET Framework 2.0 or later which isn't on those CDs. Don't worry about it since System Restore solved your issue.

Seems great, but alas, I'm on sp2 right now.

I did'nt dare to continue, but reckon this one can't be used to "xpize-ify" an nLited windows install. Is this correct, and would the next beta eventually give this opportunity?

I did'nt dare to continue, but reckon this one can't be used to "xpize-ify" an nLited windows install. Is this correct, and would the next beta eventually give this opportunity?

The xpize 5 final release will let you patch an I386 directory. I don't know how the earlier XPize integrated with nLite though.

Chances are this feature will be available in the next beta, it'll be out within 3 weeks from now (early-mid June)

The xpize 5 final release will let you patch an I386 directory. I don't know how the earlier XPize integrated with nLite though.

Chances are this feature will be available in the next beta, it'll be out within 3 weeks from now (early-mid June)

XPize had silent switches to chose the i386 directory, nLite I after integration ran any xpize*.exe with the silent commands to the same directory it just got through integrating (something of the sort)

It also had silent switches were you could chose the options of the program (this was for unattended install during T13)

/S This switch is obligatory.
/norestore This switch will skip the creation of a System Restore point during XPize installation.
/nouxtheme This switch will skip the uxtheme.dll patch, necessary for unsigned visual styles support.
/nofiles This switch will skip the installation of ALL system and miscellaneous files. Only the Extras will be installed.
/nodll This switch will skip the installation of all .dll files, except Administrative Tools, Outlook Express and 3rd party/miscellaneous ones.
/nomsxml3 This switch will skip the installation of msxml3.dll.
/noquartz This switch will skip the installation of quartz.dll.
/noexe This switch will skip the installation of all .exe files, except Administrative Tools, Outlook Express and 3rd party/miscellaneous ones.
/nocpl This switch will skip the installation of all .cpl files, except Administrative Tools, Outlook Express and 3rd party/miscellaneous ones.
/noocx This switch will skip the installation of all .ocx files, except Administrative Tools, Outlook Express and 3rd party/miscellaneous ones.
/noadmin This switch will skip the installation of the Administrative Tools files.
/nooe This switch will skip the installation of Outlook Express files.
/nomisc This switch will skip the installation of 3rd party/miscellaneous files.
/noextras This switch will skip the installation of ALL extras.
/novs This switch will skip the installation of the visual style.
/noicons This switch will skip the installation of ALL custom icons.
/noboot This switch will skip the installation of the Boot Screen.
/nologon This switch will skip the installation of the Logon Screen.
/nomsgina This switch will skip the installation of the Shutdown & Logoff Screen (msgina.dll).
/noscreen This switch will skip the installation of the Screensaver.
/notask This switch will skip the installation of TaskSwitchXP.
/nocursors This switch will skip the installation of the Cursor Scheme.
/nocmd This switch will skip the installation of the Command Line Colors.
/noskins This switch will skip the installation of ALL 3rd party Software Skins.
/nowall This switch will skip the installation of the Wallpaper.
/lite This switch will install XPize using the Lite installation preset.
/express This switch will install XPize using the Express installation preset.

BTW you mentioned something about a program for making the icon packs, what will it do?

I have been gathering Windows 7 icons for a Pack I plan on making

Edited by ricktendo64

I386 patching might be easy

1. keep list of files to be patched

2. look for the files in I386 as such or compressed (eg. shell32.dl_)

3. if compressed extract using extract

4. patch it

5. recompress using makecab

Important: SFC must be disabled in order to do i386 patching (nLite recommends it.)

I386 patching might be easy

1. keep list of files to be patched

2. look for the files in I386 as such or compressed (eg. shell32.dl_)

3. if compressed extract using extract

4. patch it

5. recompress using makecab

Important: SFC must be disabled in order to do i386 patching (nLite recommends it.)

I'm aware of the I386 patching process, I was just wondering if there was anything special for it to work with nLite's GUI. I've seen people speak of an "XPize Hotfix" add-in for nLite that automates the process or something.

BTW you mentioned something about a program for making the icon packs, what will it do?

I have been gathering Windows 7 icons for a Pack I plan on making

The same system that xpize 5 uses to modify the system, I386, and uninstall itself is made available to everyone. There will be a tool called "Anolis Packager" which lets you do this. I'll release it sometime in early June.

Just to clarify, I really meant nothing else than what Ricktendo said. Sorry for clumsy wording! No integration with nlite is necessary, as long as one is able to give the resulting i386 a proper xpize treatment.

I used the 4.7 for a couple of XP images I did a time ago and it really made the icing on the cake. Patching the I386 instead of installing some transformation pack afterward is also very preferable.

I'm aware of the I386 patching process, I was just wondering if there was anything special for it to work with nLite's GUI. I've seen people speak of an "XPize Hotfix" add-in for nLite that automates the process or something.

you can add the xpize*.exe as a hotfix into nLite. is that what you're talking about? i've followed xpize from the very beginning and i haven't heard of any xpize hotfixes for nlite besides that.

why don't you add the Embedded Theme from “Windows Embedded Standard CTP Refresh.”?

it's by far the best theme from microsoft in my opinion http://www.askvg.com/download-new-official...ching-required/

also here's a nice microsoft signed themes collection http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3434

edit: don't forget the dark side http://www.msfn.org/board/Release_XPize_Da...21_t105823.html ^^

Edited by vartaxe

any news?

i want to know when is xpize 5 final version is going to be ready to download

:thumbup

I found a problem with my icon handling code so I'm having to rewrite it. Then I need to run regression tests on it, then there's a few more features left to implement. It might take a while, but I want to be finished by the end of June.

early JUNE... end of June... maybe next year 4 sure?

Sorry, that "end of June" date refers to when I hope to be finished with all Anolis-related activities, including Vize and getting started with Sevenize.

As for the next beta of xpize 5, how does next week sound? It isn't early June as originally promised, but it's close enough.