xpize 5 Beta 2

W3bbo

Outstanding news!

A quick question:

Will this be a release, a public beta, or a private one? I'm in the "public zone" right now, and I'd *love* to be able to finish up my 2k3 build soon. :)

Public, but XP only; I haven't built up a list of differences between NT5.1 and 5.2; that'll be the release afterwards, which I hope to be a few days (rather than weeks or months; I want to be done with xpize and Vize by the end of June).

make a lite version plz...link old xpize versions :D

I think that is a lot of extra work (not only the creation of that package, but maintaining it too)!

So there has to be a good reason for your wish. Don't you have DSL?

Hell 50 megs and I still wouldn't care!

Please just NOT a lot of third party crap!

The only third-party stuff is TaskSwitchXP. The UxTheme patcher is my own, derived from the source code to DeepXW's Universal heuristic patcher (which patches uxtheme from XP through to Win7 accross all service packs and languages).

Mad props to Rafael Rivera, who just patched the 3D Windows Logo screensaver for me to allow it to run on XPx64 and WS2003.

The screensaver made a call to GetVersionExA and only ran if the result matched Windows NT 5.1, so it won't run on Windows XP x64 or Server 2003 (which is NT5.2) or anything else be it Windows 2000 (NT5.0) or Vista (NT6.0).

The patched screensaver will be making an appearance in the upcoming third xpize 5 beta.

Edited by W3bbo

I was going to get the release out tonight, but I hit a problem with the code used to fix up the checksum values in PE executables (that's what modifype.exe was used for in older versions of xpize). I've no idea what the problem is though.

It's not a critical problem, just one of those things that need to be done in order to do things "properly". But it does impact on I386 patching though.

I was going to get the release out tonight, but I hit a problem with the code used to fix up the checksum values in PE executables (that's what modifype.exe was used for in older versions of xpize). I've no idea what the problem is though.

It's not a critical problem, just one of those things that need to be done in order to do things "properly". But it does impact on I386 patching though.

You are so taunting!!