xpize 5 Beta 2

W3bbo

after the installation just crash the system, the themes don't work and appear this messages:

post-228758-1244933661_thumb.jpg

post-228758-1244933679_thumb.jpg

it doesn't respond so I couldn't download the detailed info. I have win xp sp3 with the lastest updates.

We've never experienced problems with themeui.dll before.

What language version of Windows are you using? Can you reproduce the problem within a VM environment?

You can restore your system with System Restore (assuming you have it enabled); that should resolve the situation, at least for now.

Huzzah, another deadline missed.

I decided against releasing on Wednesday because I've only got a few more features to implement before I get an even more complete version done.

I386 patching is done, and Uninstallation is nearly complete too; all that's left is some minor refinements. The best I can promise is sometime this weekend.

Oh, and I've got a much improved UxTheme patcher too; I'll talk about that during the release.

Good afternoon. I advise not to hurry up and make all thoroughly with a minimum quantity of errors. =) as to make release never it is impossible, there is no limit to perfection.

Hi W3bbo, ty for the awsome software package for Windows XP. I do ask this, when do you think you'll have a release ready for Windows XP x64? I have 8GB of ram as of recently & I've had to ditch XPize in favor of being able to use the extra 4gb & I miss my XPize'd enviroment dearly. I've had to resort to UXTheme patches with the Luna Royale theme for now. Thanks for all of your great work!

I've just done a weigh-in on the current build, it's at least 20MB, phew.

...this kinda flies in the face of earlier releases of xpize all being under 10MB, but I think it's worth it.

Does anyone have an opinion on the large file size? If enough people ask for it I can make a smaller one that excludes the extra visual styles and resource colour schemes.

Edited by W3bbo

Good news:

The next beta is pretty much completed and it's chock-full of features and weighs in at about 18MB. All that's left is some hefty testing by myself before I let it loose on everyone.

Bad news: the testing will take another day. I wanted to ship it tonight but Ricktendo reminded me of how the original xpize reset the PE checksums after it patched resources. I quickly implemented it in managed code (making it faster than xpize, and also allowing Resourcer to make use of it), but it also requires further testing (I've only tried it on x86 files, not x64 where the PE file format is subtly different).