Slipstream IE8 W/ SP3 Using nlite?

RAZOR0018

I performed a search on the forum and found several methods. However I was not able to figure out which was the definitive and safest way to perform this successfully with zero complications.

From what I gathered I believe using the addon here is the way go:

http://www.winaddons.com/internet-explorer-80/

But I need someone to confirm that this is indeed the best working way. Also I would like to know whether anyone has any problem running Windows Update after performing the slipstream like the last comment mentioned at the link above?

Thanks in advance.

RAZOR0018, I suggest you look at this 'Real' AddOn. 'Real' means it slipstreams IE8 into the source as you run nLite. The other type of AddOn actually runs the installer out of SVCPACK at T-13. I run XP x64 so know nothing about your Windows Updates question. I use an IE8 AddOn that I created, and have no problems with WUD. As I understand it when you use the 'non Real' AddOn you cannot place updates to IE8 in the hot fix section of nLite. I run the only IE8 update (KB968220) out of nLite's RunOnce exit. Enjoy, John.

Now I am a bit confused. I went to the link you gave but I noticed it said 'German Version'. Also I couldn't find any instructions or confirmation that it works 100% with no problems.

So can someone clear up the following.

http://www.sereby.org/_downloads/IE8-Addon-ENU-v1.0.2.7z - Is this the best method to slipstream IE8 into 32bit WinXp Pro Sp3 English? Or is there something more fail proof in the works?

What are the instructions to add into nlite. Do I need to slipstream IE7 first? Or do I just add the 'IE8-Addon-ENU-v1.0.2.7z' archive directly to the add on list?

Confirm that there are no problems with important functions when using this addon such as windows update and activex?

RAZOR0018, there are no guarantees in this fun (not business). I suggest you give one or another a try and let us know. I also suggest you start with a virtual system for testing (VirtualPC, VirtualBox and VMware Server are all free.) You do not integrate IE7 at all, nor its updates. Simply place the IE8 AddOn in your nLite Hot Fix section. Here is a link to instructions for creating an AddOn of your own - you can be in complete control. It is for XP x64, but I think if you change AMD64 to I386, you'll be good to go. Enjoy, John.

• 6 months later...
RAZOR0018, there are no guarantees in this fun (not business). I suggest you give one or another a try and let us know. I also suggest you start with a virtual system for testing (VirtualPC, VirtualBox and VMware Server are all free.) You do not integrate IE7 at all, nor its updates. Simply place the IE8 AddOn in your nLite Hot Fix section. Here is a link to instructions for creating an AddOn of your own - you can be in complete control. It is for XP x64, but I think if you change AMD64 to I386, you'll be good to go. Enjoy, John.

Hi, How about localized Windows XP, ex: Chinese Traditional, can this addon works?

RAZOR0018, I suggest you look at this 'Real' AddOn. 'Real' means it slipstreams IE8 into the source as you run nLite. The other type of AddOn actually runs the installer out of SVCPACK at T-13. I run XP x64 so know nothing about your Windows Updates question. I use an IE8 AddOn that I created, and have no problems with WUD. As I understand it when you use the 'non Real' AddOn you cannot place updates to IE8 in the hot fix section of nLite. I run the only IE8 update (KB968220) out of nLite's RunOnce exit. Enjoy, John.

I'd advise the one by yumeyao. It's more up to date, and has less issues.

Hi, How about localized Windows XP, ex: Chinese Traditional, can this addon works?

Use the Chinese version, also by yumeyao. ;)

• 1 month later...

Eu particularmente gosto de integrar as atualizações no T13, se caso quiserem

integrar as do IE8, eis os comandos do meu pacote (.cmd).

Start /Wait IE8-WindowsXP-x86-PTB.exe /quiet /norestart /update-no

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Setup\8.0\WU" /V "ForcePostUpdateInstall" /T "REG_DWORD" /D "1" /F

Start /Wait IE8-WindowsXP-KB971961-x86-PTB.exe -q -z -er /Nobackup

Start /Wait IE8-WindowsXP-KB975364-x86-PTB.exe -q -z -er /Nobackup

Start /Wait IE8-WindowsXP-KB976325-x86-PTB.exe -q -z -er /Nobackup

REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Setup\8.0\WU" /F

You also have an option to make your own add-on. Put IE8.exe and its updates into one folder (make sure the files have their original names) and use this Add-on maker and it will create an add-on which you can put in the Updates and Hotfixes section in nLite to install at T-13. I can't tell about the others, but I have used it successfully (using it at the moment, actually). Need I mention that it also works for localized versions? ;)

Enjoy

• 7 months later...

I must say that you are right. I had myself tries Sereby's IE8 Add-on. But after installing Windows, I found that my internet explorer menu and options were missing. So, if you have the setup for Internet Explorer 8, here is a tip to make a true add-on out of it.

Download Onepiece's Universal add-on pack maker for nLite. Here is the link:

Download Link 1

• 2 weeks later...