What have i removed that my own bliss is not showing?

aztec

iam trying to add my own wallpaper at the end of my unnatended install...but its not working.

i tried making a cab out of my wallpaper and replacing the bliss file in the i386 folder.

iam suspecting the problem is with something i removed from my win xp cd. but dont know what it could be..

any help will be greatly appreciated.

*** by the way when i tried my unnatended cd using virtualbox, without changing the original bliss,

the original windows bliss is not showing either...

Last_Session.ini

"OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_v1.1.0_AddOn_ENU.7z " is only compatible with XP SP3 as it is stated in his name.

So I think it's because you don't have slipstreamed (integrated) the Service Pack 3 into your XP installation.

You can do it with with Nlite; you can also add an Post SP3 update pack.

You can load your previous session in nLite to keep your configuration

Edit (important): you must use the latest nLite 1.4.9.1

BTW, do you have installed WMP11 slipstreamer ? it's needed to integrate WMP11... Instead you can try this addon, maybe easier to use because it contains all WMP11 updates.

Also, Several addons are not up to date, like ccleaner 2.19.900 Unlocker 1.8.7, Firefox 3.0.10, Opera 9.64 , Java 1.6u13 , K-Lite Codec Pack 4.8.0 (mega contains Real alternative and you can add Quicktime Lite too) FoxIt reader (much quicker and lighter than Adobe reader) and maybe flash player (two addons).

Have fun with nLite and Virtualbox and don't forget to start with a fresh source !!

Edited by mooms

Thank you very much for the answer mooms, i am using xp sp3.

i do have slipstreamer installed, it kicks in when nlite is installing the rest of the components and install WMP11.

i will try again with the new nlite version.

Edited by aztec

aztec, you definitely need to move to nLite version 1.4.9.1. Please tell us how you are trying to include your wallpaper. And, please make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

My bad, i have misread your last_session.ini, it's your host XP wich in SP2, your target is SP3....

So it must be because of an old nLite version, as JohnC says, tell us if all is good now.

thank all.. i finally got my wallpaper to show..this is how i did it.

makecab c:\bliss.jpg c:\bliss.jp_

rename your favorite wallpaper to "bliss.jpg"

Place your custom Bliss.jpg at the root of your c: drive and then press the little windows key & "r" at the same time to bring up the run box. Then paste the above code into it.

then just copy and past to your i386 directory. (thanks Kelsenellenelvia)

Edited by aztec