Windows 7 sounds great! Anyone gunna upgrade?

XPDUDE777

I always ask the question to myself why should i upgrade what has the new Windows that the old Windows don't has or can do.

Then only option i see to use Windows 7 is for DirectX 11 if you are a Game freek i play games but i don't buy a game because of the graphics i look if the game makes fun to play online thats the main point for me (No i don't play games like WOW where i must play all mount).

I will wait for Windows 7 SP1 and then i will switch and not because it is better but because i think is the best time to use a 64-bit OS and Windows XP 64-bit is not the best OS for 64-bit.

Edited by Outbreaker

I am really excited bout Windows 7 and want to upgrade and am definatly gunna upgrade anybody else

:thumbup:thumbup:w00t::D

NO for sure. I am comfortable wid my XP and I think majority of others too are.. This is why Windows 7 has an option to downgrade to XP (in case you do not like Win 7) and an option to turn on the XPM (XP Mode) when you feel uncomfortable with the overall GUI of Windows 7. This sends out signals that MS itself is not confident of making Windows 7 a sucess, at least not in recent future.

--

Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Monday, May 04, 2009, 12:04:30 PM IST

I just downloaded Windows 7 RC last night on my Vista desktop, can't wait to get home to install it! :thumbup:thumbup I hear that it takes waaaaaay less time to install than xp or vista is this true?

Edited by XPDUDE777

SO FAR i am VERY happy with Windows 7, NOTHING like vista in style of performance, and anyone who can't see that is blind!

I will definatey be pursing Windows 7 for my next OS.

Running fine here on A64 3200+/1GB RAM. I was very impressed by the beta so I installed RC as my main OS. It's not faster than XP, but also not slower and a lot less sluggish thanks to the improved memory management - that was the only gripe I had about XP, 30+ second HD grinding after minimizing and maximizing Firefox (just an example) even though there was a lot of free memory was driving me mad. Vista, in comparison, was totally unusable on the same machine.

Playing around with the RC here just to learn it. Gotta say the things a pig compared to XP. It was real cool at first with all the eye candy but after a while that wears off. I think I'll stick to XP unless they make some drastic changes by RTM time.

Installed all my drivers for me during the OS install and first windows update. No printer cd, etc. That alone makes it a winner. Install your OS, then your apps. Drivers are a thing of the past for most hardware.

I'll have it soon after RTM, if not the day.

Edited by Access Denied

I'm going to stay with XP as well but I certainly gave Windows 7 (both x86 & x64) from the beta build to build 7100.

Windows 7 x86 version installs fairly quickly and does find all the drivers related to the motherboard.

All other drivers had to be installed by me. Some builds would bsod upon installing drivers.

Some drivers designated for Windows 7 didn't even work - had to use Vista drivers.

Windows 7 x64 version installs very quickly and again finds all the drivers related to the motherboard.

I had a few issues trying to install my other drivers and again had to resort to Vista drivers.

I personally found it ran slower than x86 version - it shouldn't because my computer is Vista Ultimate ready.

I stopped testing the x64 version when I couldn't install certain software (mainly plug-ins for FF).

The most important reason, for me, not to use Windows 7 is the new audio engine - well, not new for Windows 7

but should have been fixed. As a person who remixes and creates music, this is unacceptable.

I work very hard to make sure no noise is introduced into the sound and here Microsoft is throwing it in for free.

Here is an interesting article going into much more detail about Windows Vista (but still in 7) audio engine.

If you get the same quality sound like you did in XP then I congratulate you.