[Solved] Ethernet Adapter (Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Doesnt Work

Brando569

I grabbed an early copy of the release client and at the same time also installed my new motherboard and everything worked fine for about a day. The internet worked at first then I went to sleep and the computer went into sleep mode when I tried to use it later I couldnt connect to the interent no matter what I tried. I know its a problem with windows 7 and not my router/cable modem since the internet works fine in XP and in linux. I've even tried to set a static IP and that still didnt work.

This really sucks considering Ive been using windows 7 in place of xp since january and after being used to it for 5 months I suddenly cant use it anymore since the interent doesnt work :(

Edited by Brando569

It's only a RC, and drivers for it aren't perfect yet. Try updating (or downgrading, even) your drivers, see if that works.

But that's the whole point of betas, to see if stuff works, and for companies to fix their stuff so it works with it. If you wan to avoid such things, the don't use beta software (I'm not using Win7 either, tried it, went back to Vista because of bugs)

Well does device manager list the card as working if not or even if it does right click it choose update drivers and let it search web update for new ones. If still no go remove the card from device manger reboot and let it reinstall it same as you would do in vista or xp. As for bugs i have seen none i even run nero v 7 mirc 6.16 acdsee pic viewer 2.1 anything i used in xp really. not one blue screen or reboot with win 7 yet.Also if on a network win 7 needs a gateway and dns on eithernet card or it finds unidentifed network and sets it to public.

Hammey

Edited by John305

It's a problem with resuming from sleep. Getting it to re-detect won't fix this. He needs other drivers, or perhaps unchecking "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" as a workaround.

Bugs wise, there are some. The main one I encountered so far is video changing mode to 800x600 for no reason every few minutes for every user.

Ahh ok i have not experienced that problem but im useing rc 1, its also on a older pc with a 6600 gt card and the video has never auto changed mode. And yes i dont have it set to allow it to be put to sleep.

Edited by John305

edit: must have just been a fluke. I uninstalled the driver using device manager and then hit scan for hardware changes and it installed it and bam! i have i a network connection again. I put it to sleep manually 2x and woke it back up and everything worked, i shut it down and started it back up and it still works. I dont know why I didnt think of this in the first place....

thanks for the help

Edited by Brando569