Word 2007 / Office 2007

spike1

Hi

I want to purchase Word 2007 for my grandaughter for college work , I have done some searches and I can get , Word 2007 OEM Win32, 1pk, EN-059-06762 , quite cheaply , or I can purchase Microsoft Office Standard 2007 through a student purchase .

Word on its own will do but I am not sure of the descriptin , ie WIN 32 , she has xp sp2 on her pc , and the office standard version , is there a lot of difference in the full version .

any help would be highly appreciated .

cheers

First, Win32 means it's for a 32-bit windows platform. It doesn't matter if it's XP, Vista, or Windows 7 as long as they are 32-bit. Check to make sure your granddaughter has 32-bit. Most likely, since it's XP, it will be 32-bit. Hardly anyone uses 64-bit XP.

Second, see Comparison of Office 2007 Suites for a chart of the office suites. Basically, getting the standard version will add Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint, all great additions in my opinion, but your GD may not need them. You'd have to make the decision based on the price. Who knows, you GD may actually find Excel and Powerpoint useful, considering she's a student, I would purchase the standard version.

Guest ShaunDsouza01
First, Win32 means it's for a 32-bit windows platform. It doesn't matter if it's XP, Vista, or Windows 7 as long as they are 32-bit. Check to make sure your granddaughter has 32-bit. Most likely, since it's XP, it will be 32-bit. Hardly anyone uses 64-bit XP.

Second, see Comparison of Office 2007 Suites for a chart of the office suites. Basically, getting the standard version will add Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint, all great additions in my opinion, but your GD may not need them. You'd have to make the decision based on the price. Who knows, you GD may actually find Excel and Powerpoint useful, considering she's a student, I would purchase the standard version.

Thanks dude,

You have such good knowledge about it.