[Request] oscdimg.exe commandline help

Hya after I use WAIK I would like to create a iso same as the original Windows 7 one (don't want to depend anymore on vLite for this only and final step)

Here is what I am using:

oscdimg -n -d -m -lGRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" c:\se7en c:\win7.iso

Here is the error I get:

windowsvista20090430114.png

Yes bootmgr is located in the root of the iso, what am I doing wrong?

Edited by ricktendo64

I'm not sure what's wrong because I've always used UDF but here's what's working for me:

oscdimg -u2 -m -h -b"E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com" G:\DVD G:\ISO\win7_x64.iso -lGRC1CULXFRER_EN_DVD

Obviously, that's for a x64 version.

Edited by Skauneboy

• 6 months later...

When I create my ISO with oscdimg I lose an option "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD ..." which is present on an original disk.

I use oscdimg.exe -d -lGRMCENVOL_EN_DVD -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\WINDOWS7\DVD7 D:\WINDOWS7\ISO7\Windows7_x32_Ent.iso

When I create my ISO with oscdimg I lose an option "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD ..." which is present on an original disk.

I use oscdimg.exe -d -lGRMCENVOL_EN_DVD -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\WINDOWS7\DVD7 D:\WINDOWS7\ISO7\Windows7_x32_Ent.iso

Do you have a bootfix.bin file?

jaclaz

I have bootfix.bin file in cdroot\boot folder as well as on the original DVD. I have simply copied 7DVD's content to my hard disk without any changes and I have created at once an ISO from them for the check.

There can be a problem in oscdimg's wrong or missing switches which I use ?

I notice the same issue only when testing in a virtual environment. Live install no problems.

I notice the same issue only when testing in a virtual environment. Live install no problems.

Many thanks, I will test it.

Hi to all and MAVERICKS CHOICE , live installs have the same issue ???

Edited by nemoi

• 1 year later...

I noticed a similar thing. If you use oscdimg to make a Win 7 ISO using -m -n -h and then boot the ISO using grub4dos, grub4dos cannot see the bootmgr file and an ls of the contents just shows README.TXT which says it contains a UDF filesystem. grub4dos cannot read it.

If however, you use the -u1 switch with oscdimg to prepare the iso file, grub4dos can read it but the filenames are in capitals.

You can now boot using either

chainloader (0xff) - which prompts you to press a key to boot from CD

OR

chainloader (0xff)/BOOTMGR - which does not prompt you to press a key and just boots immediately