Integrating drivers with no .inf files

vgsangiuliano

Hi to all, i'm trying to integrate via nlite the driver for my webcam Herlcules Deluxe Optical Glass.

I estracted all the content of the exe file (it is an Installshield exe) but there isn't any .inf file inside, i have only data1.cab, data2.cab and data1.hdr plus a setup.exe and other files that seem not to be useful. I tried with i5comp to expand the cab files but nothing to do.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Mirko

You could always install it through Run Once with a silent switch, usually -s for Install Shield. HERE is detailed information on how to create a silent install in this way. BTW, I downloaded the driver to check it out and couldn't extract it. What did you use (for me WinRar usually works)?

You could try installing it in your current system and see if it installs an inf file. Look at the driver details in device manager to grab the drivers. My Hauppauge TV card needs to run through a setup to install the drivers properly. That may be your case too.

I used IsUnpack.exe a small tool found on the net.

Both replies are great, no problems using unattended install by RunOnceEx, It is only curiosity on how to integrate drivers with nlite that doesn't have inf files....or better maybe they have but they are cabbed in data1.cab or data2.cab and i didn't find any way to expand them.

I checked my hardware and the driver info section and copied all the files in a folder (there are 2 .inf files but nlite doesn't find anything when i ask it to load those inf files.)

vgsangiuliano, you can extract cabinet files with the Expand command (Command Prompt) or many other utilities (I use 7-Zip). I would suggest you extract the .exe you found and see if you find .inf there. Some of the installers have extract switches. From a command prompt use the /? switch on the installer and the .exe and see if there is an extraction switch (like /X:path). Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.