Vista service pack 2 RTM

hclarkjr

i just finished downloading a full 64 bit version of vista with service pack 2 integrated and was able to use vlite to integrate IE8 and remove some stuff i did not want. worked fine, will be installing it when i find the time to do it

i just finished downloading a full 64 bit version of vista with service pack 2 integrated and was able to use vlite to integrate IE8 and remove some stuff i did not want. worked fine, will be installing it when i find the time to do it

i walked the same way and tested it already. it´s working like a charm! all this sp2 reverse integration or with other tools is bulls***.

here are my proofed results:

last_session.ini

i can asure you that this is the real deal :thumbup

Edited by georgeasch

i walked the same way and tested it already. it´s working like a charm! all this sp2 reverse integration or with other tools is bulls***.

here are my proofed results:

last_session.ini

i can asure you that this is the real deal :thumbup

As far as i know MSDN full iso images vith sp2 integrated are not out yet.So u using some homemade version?

As far as i know MSDN full iso images vith sp2 integrated are not out yet.So u using some homemade version?

these are the hashes of my release:

VISTA64_RTM_SP2

BUILD: 6002.18005

FILE: 6002.18005.090410-1830_amd64fre_Client_en-us-FRTMCXFRE_EN_DVD.iso

SIZE: 3,861,460,992 bytes

CRC32: 80B2EDB5

MD5: A1C024D7ABAF34BAC3368E88EFBC2574

SHA1: AAEE3C04533899F9F8C4AE0C4250EF5FAFBE29A3

so you just have to wait till MSDN releases are offical and then you can compare and see if i was an early bird :whistle:

in my opinion this is a real homemade MSDN but we will see :lol:

Edited by georgeasch

I too have downloaded this release.

It was originally built on March 11th it appears. I'm guessing this is the image submitted to OEM's and such for testing and was finalized for release. Warez or not, it won't be warez when Microsoft officially posts it. I highly doubt they will rebuild a new image... wouldn't that require retesting/recertification?

/edit: wow I just realized I joined this forum 5 years ago and this is my first post lol :)

Edited by Groo

There has been at least one Vista SP2 RTM download available at the MSDN subscription and Technet subscription downloads pages yesterday as I have checked myself. This is the one I saw at those pages:

en_fr_de_ja_es_windows_vista_sp_and_windows_server_2008_sp2_x86_x64_ia64_dvd_342431.iso

1,376.79 (MB)

Hi,

my first post here, and I'm asking for help :whistle: I used vlite just after Christmas to create my Vista Ultimate 64bit install, I've been using it since, no issues.

I downloaded SP2 tonight and when I tried to install it and it gives the following message (see attachment)

post-242568-1241211390_thumb.jpg

the link given is this: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/948465 not much help :unsure:

it would be good if I could add the missing components, install SP2 and then remove the components I added :sneaky: one small problem . . . I don't know what components SP2 requires that I don't have installed . . . any ideas ??

:thumbup

Edited by RaptoUK

any ideas ??

:thumbup

I found this . . .

Remove the HKLM\Software\vLite key.

I tried it and the SP2 installer doesn't complain about missing components any more, I haven't installed yet, I want to make an image first just incase something nasty happens :unsure: