Error: logging off from IE6

paullyboy

Using Windows XP Home, I recently started getting error messages when exiting from IE version 6.0.2900.5512 back to the desktop. The Event log says the application iexplore.exe has a problem. I tried using a new homepage (Yahoo) instead of the Google homepage (as per advice elsewhere). Still get the error. No problems with Firefox. This only started today, and never happened before. Anyone have any clues? Thanks.

Best, Paul

Hi,

The problem while exitting does not lie with the homepage. It indicates missing or corrupt add ons. I recommend a fresh install of IE6 or better still, go for an advanced version like IE7 or IE8. The last one is the best as it offers you anonymous surfing option too. Plus you can save your login info (login cookies) even as you delete the browsing history unlike the previous versions that wipe out all the cookies.

All the best.

--

Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 12:38:23 AM IST

Thanks DreamSkape. I'll have to think that one over as I almost never use IE, and IE6 works really well with Home (till now). Maybe a quick 'restore' will find a clean IE reset point. If not, screw it :D .

Best, Paul