Is it Safe to Use Windows 7 RC as Main OS?

vegettoxp

Hello there Guys, I haven't posted here for a Long time and for that I am really sorry. I just been busy with life and college and of course work. But I just wanted to get your guys opinion on Windows Vista SP1 vs Windows 7 RC. Right now I am using Vista SP1 and I don't have any problems, but I was just wondering if it is safe to use Windows 7 RC (Build 7100) as Main OS?

Your Thoughts Please? :whistle:

P.S. Fusion :thumbup

The for the input guys. I do have build 7077 installed right now, but the problem is that I am using Vista as my main os. I am gona redoing my PC this week, cause I just bought the New Raptor 150GB that will be my Main HD and I am also gona go from 4GB System Ram to 8GB System Ram. Again thx for the input and I will be sure to share my experiance with you on me using Windows 7 RC (Build 7100) as Main OS.

P.S. Fusion

I've been using every build that I can get my hands on for my main OS, lol. 7000, 7057, 7068, 7077 and now 7100. I am completely satisfied with Windows 7 as my main OS. I had been running XP SP3 for a month or two after downgrading from Vista SP1 (this pc is old). 7 is by far and wide, the best OS you can have. Just be ready to reinstall a couple times with RC, RTM, etc, lol. :whistle:

MoZBackup is great if you use Firefox, Thunderbird, any Mozilla app I believe. :hello:

Move all your linked folders to a 2nd hard disk. example: Music, Pictures, Favorites, Links, Downloads, etc. ALL of them that have the ability to move the location. This will allow you to install builds one after another, simply move the location once in 7 again, all your stuff is in the same place. You may have to give the 2nd drive a letter or change it after a new install, it varies. :rolleyes:

These two things alone make installing 7 so much easier. I'm sure there are more time savers and it would help if anyone else would like to post them. :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

I love Windows 7 I say it is safe I have it on my desktop alongside with vista and it runs a heck of a lot better than vista and am planning on putting it on my xp laptop and use it as my main os i havent had any problems like i did with vista its probably the best os microsoft has come out with so far :thumbup:thumbup

Way to go Microsoft

I am using windows 7 as my main OS, only 1 issue so far (folder.jpg is no longer used as the thumbnail image :() but aside from that Im happy with it. Also I dont know how i could ever put up with a standard taskbar after using the superbar, its so good!

My sweetspot is not really the taskbar. I reverted back to the old way of icon+text. It only groups them into an icon only when too many windows open.

But my true sweetspot is the jumplist!!! I keep wanting the jumplist in Vista and get irritated that it's not there. How did I go all these years without the jumplist? So convenient.

Now using Win 7 RC on my laptop and desktop exclusively, ever since my Vista stopped working unexpectedly. Good riddens.

My sweetspot is not really the taskbar. I reverted back to the old way of icon+text. It only groups them into an icon only when too many windows open.

But my true sweetspot is the jumplist!!! I keep wanting the jumplist in Vista and get irritated that it's not there. How did I go all these years without the jumplist? So convenient.

Now using Win 7 RC on my laptop and desktop exclusively, ever since my Vista stopped working unexpectedly. Good riddens.

I love everything about windows 7 its stability looks and reliability and i like the fact that vista stopped working on ur system lol i hated vista

• 2 weeks later...

I love everything about windows 7 its stability looks and reliability and i like the fact that vista stopped working on ur system lol i hated vista

+1 Vote for RC as main OS...XP x86 SP3 as backup...