How to spot a clear service pack 3 cd rom

stsaerox

Some insist that it is a lot better to have sp3 clear and not integrated it is a patchwork and sometimes is not working well. I also had a lot of problems by integrating sp3 after installation on my xp cd sp1(this one is older from my pc). And some sp2 files remain (for example SP2.cab) after using nlite.

I recommend a 'clean' SP2 disc. Then just run KB936929.exe /integrate against that source. I believe that is what Cluberti is recommending as well.

Certainly you will have some garbage left if you went: SP1-->Nlite SP2-->SP3, especially if you were trying to Nlite that source a second time to slip SP3.

Edited by iamtheky

Most times I've tried on XP SP2 to slip the SP3 but for me It remains patchwork and has garbage. SP3 started with many problems and I think that having it clear is the less we can do. It is microsoft's best os I think and they should give us it clear at least accesing by genuine check to keep up the good work.

FWIW...

An integration of the SP3 is relatively "clean". You can remove the SP2-oriented items (SP2.xxx). The main difference will be the DRIVER cab (not the same) and some items will be "replicated" because of compressed+uncompressed. nLite may take care of that. Some other certain differences (irrelevant) will exist. Finally, it is possible to "manually integrate" (I've done that) to "replicate" what an "original SPx" would be (sans the minor differences); can't/won't give details on that.

I fail to understand why simply integrating is such a problem...

Because it never worked well the greek version at least.... Some technicians are working on MSDN pro SP3 Engish version in greece... and it is working perfectly. My integrated SP2 to SP3, never was stable like sp2 for me. I'm not a technician and I can not give you more details. But I'm sure that microsoft optimises files and settings better than any integration method.