How to spot a clear service pack 3 cd rom

stsaerox

Hi to all!!!!

This is my first topic. I wanted to ask how can I understand that an XP service pack 3 cd is not integrated but it is clear SP3 cd?

I already know that last session of nlite remains on the XP cd but some people for any reason disable this. Are there any other signs that will help me to understand?

1.) You ONLY integrate SP3 to a fresh XPCD and build your ISO.

You can use this ISO like a fresh source - it`s NOT a "Running-nLite-twice-against-the-same-source".

2.) You own a genuine XP-SP3-CD by Microsoft (delivered by MSSDN).

In both cases there is no "ServicePack-Integration" in "Last Session.ini".

I already know that last session of nlite remains on the XP cd but some people for any reason disable this. Are there any other signs that will help me to understand?
Either you know where your cd comes from or you are talking warez. + nLite is for personal use only.

I guess it would look like this or are you asking about an iso?

I'm waiting for this one in greek version but I do not have much time (10 days). I want to install a version with SP3 that was downloaded FROM THE INTERNET and keep the original cd for typical reasons on my uncles store. I just want to save time and the original cd for future. I WILL NOT USE NLITE. I WANT TO UNDERSTAND IF NLITE WAS USED TO INTEGRATE SP3 in the copy that was downloaded or it is clear copy SP3 directly from microsoft because I will not take responsibility for integrated SP3. For many people did not work correctly.

I guess it would look like this or are you asking about an iso?

I'm waiting for this one in greek version but I do not have much time (10 days). I want to install a version with SP3 that was downloaded FROM THE INTERNET and keep the original cd for typical reasons on my uncles store. I just want to save time and the original cd for future. I WILL NOT USE NLITE. I WANT TO UNDERSTAND IF NLITE WAS USED TO INTEGRATE SP3 in the copy that was downloaded or it is clear copy SP3 directly from microsoft because I will not take responsibility for integrated SP3. For many people did not work correctly.

That is illegal and we cannot help you...

That is illegal and we cannot help you...

I'm sorry if what I'm planning to do is not right but....

Somewhere I've read that I can have a copy of my original cd, If I have bought the original CD, to keep it away from scratches and damage.... isn't this right? And I've already have the original SP2... and trying to avoint the problems by just updating to SP3 in an over 2 years not reformatted PC .... Also I'm will using the ORIGINAL SERIAL. We also paid for both versions SP2 and SP3....

Edited by stsaerox

Somewhere I've read that I can have a copy of my original cd, If I have bought the original CD, to keep it away from scratches and damage.... isn't this right?
Technically yes, but there's some gray area as to where this copy must come from. In general, I believe the law would allow and expect YOU to make the copy from your original media, as it was written that you were allowed to make a copy for backup purposes (implying you made a copy from your media, not download a copy from someone else's).

Since this is technically gray area, I'll consider that you have a copy from your own media that you're going to go and make right now, and we'll discuss your copy. Sound good? I know it does.

Continue the discussion.

I want to install a version with SP3 that was downloaded FROM THE INTERNET
Since this is technically gray area, I'll consider that you have a copy from your own media

This looks black and white to me, not gray. You're a naughty administrator. I'm out.

Somewhere I've read that I can have a copy of my original cd, If I have bought the original CD, to keep it away from scratches and damage.... isn't this right?
Technically yes, but there's some gray area as to where this copy must come from. In general, I believe the law would allow and expect YOU to make the copy from your original media, as it was written that you were allowed to make a copy for backup purposes (implying you made a copy from your media, not download a copy from someone else's).

Since this is technically gray area, I'll consider that you have a copy from your own media that you're going to go and make right now, and we'll discuss your copy. Sound good? I know it does.

Continue the discussion.

Ok It seems that the only way is to wait and and get the original cd and make a backup copy of it..

The only reason to refer how to understand if it is integrated practically is not for my case...

I thought that I could have the system ready and get ownership after 10 days. Thats ok I don't need to get in trouble.... If anyone has to refer a legal way... please let me know..

thanks everyone and I hope I wasn't misunderstood

The best way I can describe this.

When you buy Windows, you buy the license or the CD key. You get a CD with it, but you aren't really buying the media itself. The rules pertaining to the CD or the media are in the license agreement that you accept upon installing (or in some cases, opening the package) the software. Typically, you are allowed to make a backup copy for yourself.

You are not allowed to lend, sell or recopy, or make available your copy. You also cannot technically sell the CD itself because it has no value, you get it for free when you buy the License.

The gray area comes in this situation. If you lose your CD or it becomes damaged, how do you legally get another one? An official seller cannot sell the CD by itself. You cannot legally download it because you end up being involved in a crime. That crime is done by the person who put the download up online, which is not allowed. You become involved because you become a customer of the criminal, even if you aren't paying for it.

Your only outlets to get the official media are from the following:

1. Go to the company that sold you the Windows CD. If it isn't a retail store, they may be able to get you a replacement.

2. Know someone that has access to MSDN or an OEM Channel so they can download the media. But this is a gray area as well. If someone has access to these websites, they can only use that media for the company's use.

Blah, its a real sticky subject really.

This is a great solution!!! I think that I can do that. I'll make a call to the shop to see if they can do that for me.

And one last question if someone has already bought the xp sp2 CD and needs a newer with SP3... does he have to buy it again? (thats my situation and I thing I made a mistake on this.... I bought that again...)

This is a great solution!!! I think that I can do that. I'll make a call to the shop to see if they can do that for me.

And one last question if someone has already bought the xp sp2 CD and needs a newer with SP3... does he have to buy it again? (thats my situation and I thing I made a mistake on this.... I bought that again...)

Technically you don't need to buy media with SP3, as you can integrate the SP3 package onto the SP2 disc (and technically, this is preferable as it allows you to skip the product key screen, which you can't if you slipstream SP3 over RTM media). I fail to see the *need* for a clean source to slip SP3 onto.