If you havent played Portal, TF2, and Halflife 2 yet...

PC_LOAD_LETTER

you no longer have any reason* not to buy it.
Individual price $84.95

Package price $29.99

66% off this weekend only -$20.00

Cost to you $9.99

You save $74.96

*unless your PC sucks.

Erm... Link? Not that I'd buy it, but, you know, for other people...

Hey this sounds sweet! How big is the download though? Or can you use a friends orange box disk then use the key when you buy the game on steam so you don't need to download it? Or doesn't the download version have a key?

portal has 4873mb stored on my harddisk right now HL2 has 3451, HL2 ep1 is 4441, HL2 ep2 8403, TF2 has 7292

those are the stored size after extraction and im sure the downloaded files are a little smaller and of course you dont have to download them all at the same time.

Sound big but not having to download at the same time is good...I only have a 10GB cap per month so yeah

i would pick up the game then... Portal and TF2 were really good games, Portal will stump your mind, and TF2 gives you a new shooter to play if your burnt out on the current ones or just want to do something different. I really enjoyed both games alot..

Looks like I can't buy it...I go to pay with paypal and when it comes up with a link to the paypal checkout and I click, nothing happens :angry:

Any ideas? I think it may be that I don't have IE on my system cause I removed it with nLite :blink:

EDIT: Don't worry, I went to the steam website in firefox (my main browser) and purchased it in there instead of in the steam program. It worked! Now I will slowly download the games, starting with Portal B)

EDIT 2: I don't have to worry about my monthly download cap as Internode (my ISP) has its own Steam mirror which is unmetered for Internode users like myself :thumbup

Just got HL-2 Lost Coast and it looks great! Thanks for posting this or I would not have bought it and I have been wanting the Orange Box for a while!

Edited by Zenskas

• 1 month later...

:hello: Just wanna revive this thread to say a little thanks to the OP for posting this. :sneaky:

I did not have Steam before this was posted but after reading this I went and got Steam then bought The Orange Box (HL-2, HL-2 Ep1, HL-2 Ep2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, HL-2 Deathmatch, Peggle Extreme, HL-2 Lost Coast) for US$10 (AUD$13 or so).

I then went on to buy the Counter-Strike Complete Collection just recently (CS, CS:CZ, CS:CZ Deleted Scenes, CS:S, HL-1 Deathmatch, Day of Defeat and Ricochet) for just US$30!

And now today I just bought the Unreal Deal Pack off Steam (Unreal Gold, Unreal 2, UT1999 GOTY, UT2K Editors Choice and UT3 Black Edition) which is on special this week for US$20.

So I would like to say thanks heaps for introducing me to Steam or I would not have bought this large game collection of 20 games/mods/expansions for just US$60!(about AUD$80 or something) :wacko:

I feel like I have got the best game deal ever so cheers for that :thumbup

Edited by Zenskas

your very welcome. also if you have a game on this list, you can add your cdkey to steam even if you didnt buy it on steam and it will download the entire game and any updates for it.

for instance, a guy i work with had a copy of UT3 he got on a preorder and asked me what expansions hed have to install to play online. I never bought the game but i told him to try the key on steam and viola! it upgraded him to "UT3 Black" (which as it turns out is just UT3 with the titan pack and updates) but the cool part was we didnt have to do any research on it. granted it was an 8Gb download but with our connection that was still faster than updating it the 'old fashioned way'

also if your into modding or want to hosta a dedicated server check out the tools tab. you can setup a dedicated server easily from there.

Nice I might add Dark Messiah to Steam as I think I have a CD key for that! Thankfully all of my downloads off Steam are unmetered so 8GB for UT3 is no big deal (even though my cap is 10GB :thumbup). I have downloaded some of the dedicated server files too that I may use one day. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...