Digital Camera

HowdyDoody

HowdyDoody, certainly don't have a guess without your Last Session, so, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

HowdyDoody, I will need to look some more but I suspect you have Disabled some service you need. You can test this (on your running system) by going to MMC-Services and set them to Manual and Start them. I would suggest that you begin by doing this to about half the services you have disabled (4 in Last Session.) You may need to reboot to see the result. If that does not help, after doing the other half, set all your modified services to Automatic and Start them and see if that fixes it (reboot also). We can narrow it down later. Please let us know what you learn. Enjoy, John.

EDIT:You need to remove"Explorer-Launch folder windows in a separate process" tweak, as it exposes a Windows bug. I don't think it has anything to do with your camera problem.

How are you connecting your camera? If you are using Wi-Fi, then you need to start the wireless service(s) you have stopped. The only service I see as a candidate is HidServ - try starting it. John.

Edited by johnhc

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would give you guys an update.

I have not found the problem. I can'r do anymore testing until I get a new drive to test a new build on.

I did get a temporary solution for my problem by purchasing a memory card.

I thought I would give you guys an update.

I have not found the problem. I can'r do anymore testing until I get a new drive to test a new build on.

I did get a temporary solution for my problem by purchasing a memory card.

Did you try our suggestions? (Im thinking mostly of start WIA manually)

How does the camera appear in device manager? As unknown, with question mark, or fully recognized?

What kind of camera is it anyway (not necessarily the model, just type)?

GL

It's a Kodak camera.

It doesn't show up anywhere (ie, Explorer, or hardware device.

I built a new install, but I can't test it until I get a new hard drive. I added everything you folks suggested.