Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

alfa1

Black Bitmap at Classic start menu.

By applying the bellow tweak...

[Tweaks] -> Start Menu -> Disable and remove Documents list from the Start Menu.

will also remove the BMP pic from the start menu, the one that show your Windows Version (Vertical) when using Classic theme.(classic Start Menu).

I'm not really sure why (maybe nLite bug??) as that should not happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spend hours spotting it. hope that it will help those who wonder what cause it.

Edited by alfa1

Sorry `bout that - but I proof you wrong.

The missing of that vertikal "XP Professional" is caused by not enough height of the Startmenu.

If you would add some other entries that the Startmenu would rise a little bit, "XP Professional" will appear again.

Sorry `bout that - but I proof you wrong.

The missing of that vertikal "XP Professional" is caused by not enough height of the Startmenu.

If you would add some other entries that the Startmenu would rise a little bit, "XP Professional" will appear again.

tested 100%, using the latest nLite on XP SP3.

there is nothing to do with the height as the bitmap start from bottom and end with black

i suggest you test it yourself before posting.

Edited by alfa1

I see my ClassicStartPanel without the Bitmap right after fresh XP-Install, Startmenu has height of 6 lines.

After I rearrange Startmenu by SFX (adds 6 lines in height) the Bitmaps appears. That`s what I tested.

But I checked on another PC - and seems, that you`re maybe right. I`ll check again, but got to sleep now.

It`s 4:33 in the morning here in Germany, I`m getting too tired, sorry.

Edit: On the other PC the vertikal line isn`t shown at all - it is not black.

Edited by g-force