Logicool SetPoint 4.8

EyeBall Chat

Finale 2009

GPU-Z v0.5.7

CPU-Z 1.59

Adobe Reader 10.0

Windows Defender

Some function limited.

Google Chrome/Iron/CoolNovo 16(disable native client)

Safari 4.x/5.x (can't scroll Combobox)

iTunes 10.5.3 (can't backup/ you can only use iPod touch and iPhone and iPad.)

Evernote 4.4/4.5 (can(t use sound note and Tool customize)

SilverLight 5 beta(can't use DRM)

Virtualbox 2.0(some memory leak)

Photoshop Elements 7/8(some plugin not work)

Premiere Elements 7/8(some plugin not work)

REQUIRES DLLS, I.E. KDW OR OLDCIGARATTE'S PACK

Apple Safari 3.2.2

foobar2000 0.9.5.x

Google Chrome

Microsoft MSCONFIG.EXE from XP SP3

Microsoft Windows Live Messenger 8.1/8.5

Microsoft Windows Media Player 10

Mp3tag 2.43

QuickTime 7.5

Real Player 11.0.0.372

Edited by blackwingcat

• 5 weeks later...

The latest update of Adobe Flash Player 11.1, 11.1.102.62 fails to install on Windows 2000, Windows XP RTM or Windows XP SP1, throwing the error message upon installation:

Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point SetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55 is the latest that would still work.

Looking into the \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MACROMED\FLASH directory on the Windows XP VMware VM, the SetDllDirectoryW is also found in FlashUtill11f_ActiveX.exe and FlashUtill11f_Plugin.exe files. The other files do not have that dependency.

If there are any hacks and workarounds to replace the SetDllDirectoryW entry point, please let me know.

For about a year, Win2k support had been deprecated since the release of Adobe Flash Player 10.2 and I believe that they will most likely pull the plug on support for that OS in Adobe Flash 11.2. :(

SetDllDirectoryW is available in both unofficial kernels (WBv8 & BWCv5 or higher) so the easiest way would be to install one of them. The other possible way is to change dependencies with KDW.

Edited by tomasz86

SetDllDirectoryW is available in both unofficial kernels (WBv8 & BWCv5 or higher) so the easiest way would be to install one of them. The other possible way is to change dependencies with KDW.

Thanks for the help! How can I change the SetDllDirectoryW under KDW?

If you use KDW, copy InstallFlashPlayer.exe to anywhere temp folder and EzInstall to there and execute.

If you want flash control panel, you must execute it XP compatible mode with fcwin.

and patch *.cpl for userxp.dll with fcwin, and Dynamic install user32.dll(userxp) to system32 folder.

Japanese blog detail is here

If you use KDW, copy InstallFlashPlayer.exe to anywhere temp folder and EzInstall to there and execute.

If you want flash control panel, you must execute it XP compatible mode with fcwin.

and patch *.cpl for userxp.dll with fcwin, and Dynamic install user32.dll(userxp) to system32 folder.

Japanese blog detail is here

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it! I'll take a look at that site to see what I can come up with. :)

I will need to install it in a VM environment first before I apply it to the host machine.

• 4 weeks later...

Silverlight 5.0 Beta works on Windows 2000

Silverlight 5.0 RC and RTM can be installed on Windows 2000 and old component work well, but new component does not work on Window 2000.

Does anyone have more information ?

Thanks for the heads up. I suspect that the new Silverlight 5 component doesn't work, because I believe that it was complied with MSVC 2010 and it requires Windows XP SP 2 if I'm correct. :(

What old component of Silverlight that we're referring to?

This blog example

Silverlight 5 Beta works fine.

But RC and RTM would not work.

It shows only blank .(You can show up silverlight 5 context menu.)

BlackWingCat,

Could you give an example of such a new component that doesn't work?

Edited by blackwingcat

• 1 month later...

Windows Defender is said to work, but I can't get it to update at all, is there something I'm missing? I try doing it manually and it still doesn't update at all.

I'm still having a problem, unless I need to restart my computer or something afterwards. I do have a bit of trouble comprehending which MpSigStub file I need to set compatibility in, the one in system32 or the one in the actual update file. I tried both and neither work. I do have a log if anyone would be interested in looking at to see what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I also don't know if this matters or not, but I'm using tomasz86's update rollup which disables the automatic updates, would that make a difference in trying to update Windows Defender?

Edited by SearanoX

I don't know till I see log file.

My windows 2000's windows defender's definition is Apr 27 1.125.655.0.

I'm still having a problem, unless I need to restart my computer or something afterwards. I do have a bit of trouble comprehending which MpSigStub file I need to set compatibility in, the one in system32 or the one in the actual update file. I tried both and neither work. I do have a log if anyone would be interested in looking at to see what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I also don't know if this matters or not, but I'm using tomasz86's update rollup which disables the automatic updates, would that make a difference in trying to update Windows Defender?

Here's the log file for when I try updating the definitions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command: "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\MPSigStub.exe"

Start time: 4/27/2012 11:37 PM (version 11.1.3927.0)

================================= CacheMpSigStub =================================

Copied MpSigStub.exe to C:\WINNT\system32\MpSigStub.exe

=================================== ProductSearch ==================================

Microsoft Windows Defender (downlevel):

Product: 1.1.1593.0

Engine: 1.1.1603.0

Signatures: 1.0.0.0

================================ PackageDiscovery ================================

Package files discovered:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpasbase.vdm (1.121.0.0)

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpasdlta.vdm (1.121.999.0)

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpengine.dll (1.1.8101.0)

AS FE:

Engine: 1.1.8101.0

AS base VDM: 1.121.0.0

AV base VDM: Not included

AS delta VDM: 1.121.999.0

AV delta VDM: Not included

================================= MpUpdateEngine =================================

Package files for the engine update:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpasbase.vdm (1.121.0.0)

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpasdlta.vdm (1.121.999.0)

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpengine.dll (1.1.8101.0)

ERROR 0x800b0109 : MpUpdateEngine(C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test)

ERROR 0x800b0109 : IProduct->UpdateEngine

================================= ValidateUpdate =================================

mpengine.dll version in package is 1.1.8101.0, but after update machine has older version 1.1.1603.0

mpasbase.vdm version in package is 1.121.0.0, but after update machine has older version 1.0.0.0

mpasdlta.vdm version in package is 1.121.999.0, but after update machine has older version 1.0.0.0

Watson Report: Position:

HRESULT: 0x800b0109 P1

FailedFunction: MpUpdateEngine P2

Operation: AS FE P3

SourceComponentVersion: 11.1.3927.0 P4

SourceComponentName: mpsigstub.exe P5

ProductVersion: 1.1.1593.0 P6

ProductName: Microsoft Windows Defender (downlevel) P7

ERROR 0x800b0109 : One or more of the packages found failed to update for Microsoft Windows Defender (downlevel).

ERROR 0x800b0109 : One or more of the products found failed to update; returning this error

Deleted C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpasbase.vdm

Deleted C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpasdlta.vdm

Deleted C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\test\mpengine.dll

ERROR 0x800b0109 : MpSigStubMain

End time: 4/27/2012 11:37 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: I don't know what I did but after spending hours and hours working on it, I finally have it updating itself to the latest definitions. I'm thinking maybe I didn't have the latest root security catalogs installed. Had one heck of a time getting Windows Update to work though, I actually had to add the site to my trusted sites for the first time ever but I finally have it working. But I might be wrong too as the catalog files installed but the WD update failed so I don't know, it works now though.

Edited by SearanoX