audigy2 zs on windows 98 fe

viking66

I have installed windows 98 fe on a newer computers and i am trying to install creative labs audigy2 zs but the driver disk always stops and says i need 98se or newer..

all help is greatly appreciated and i am sry if this has already been covered but i have looked everywhere.

can i just make the install think i have 98se or is there a driver for 98 fe or a download to make fe into se.. ?

what seems to work for me is:

download this driver.(you could probably use the driver you already have as well)

http://download.cnet.com/Creative-Sound-Bl...4-10198811.html

start the selfextracting program.

(your computer may be unresponsive while the it unpacks itself)

you then are asked if all the running programs have been terminated.(do not yet press ok)

now go to the windows temp folder and rename the crf000 folder to something else. for example audigy2driver.

then press cancel

You can now go to the control panel, select system -> device manager and select your sound card.

click on update driver and select search for a better driver than the one the device is using now

now specy the following location: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\sounddriver\Drivers\WDM

windows should now recognize the driver and install it.

(If this does not work please let us now i have fidled around with it for quite a while and i am not a 100% sure this is what i did.

I also installed a few other drivers that did not work but could have left files on my system that make this driver work.)

Edited by Kwibus