windowx xp pro manual slipsteaming

nams

i need help on this one....

im experimenting on my xp pro sp2, i tried to manually slipsteam sp3 by just copying the sp3 files and replacing those of xp sp2 setup files (thus updating it with those of the sp3 e.g. dll,exe files etc...). im doing it this way such that i will still have sp2 xp but will have the updated files of sp3. now i tried to test install it but it give me the error "please insert the cd labeled windows xp pro service pack 3" . i understand it has something to do with the cd ident coz i maintained mine (WIN51IP.SP2). it worked with i tried to include WIN51IP.SP3 in the setup, however this is not what i wanted, what i want is to maintain it as sp2 but have the sp3 files in it, now my questions are:

1. is there a workaround on this process (not to include WIN51IP.SP3 for it to work)?

2. what file is the setup using such that it is able to identify i have the sp3 files in it?(im guessing this must be the one making the error when it identifies that the files are not sp2 so that it ask for the sp3 cd)

Edited by nams

Don't have a clue why you would want to do this but you could get something close to SP3 by integrating all these hotfixes/

Also see this.

Edited by -X-