Array Degraded... why?!

Well, there could be 2 reasons I can think of for this issue that would be most common:

1 - one or more of the hard drives in the array has some sort of problem, and is breaking the array

2 - the drivers are causing write problems, which breaks the array

Assuming you're using the latest versions of the nvidia drivers, I'd suggest running a test on the hard drives in the array to see if any of them are suspect and would need replacement.

You also have to keep in mind that WD makes drives specifically for RAID for a reason: they have TLER (they're like double the price though i.e. WD1002FBYS is $240 while the WD10EADS is $130 -- kind sad really, my new Samsung 0A38016 was only $90). It seems like you're doing RAID1 as the pic says "MIRROR 931.51GB". If a drive has a problem and enters a deep recovery cycle (which is what TLER prevents), then most RAID cards will drop it out of the array, hence the "degraded" warning on your array (and having to do a lengthy rebuild which might go wrong)

Either ways, I'd keep a good eye on the SMART monitoring for a while AND ensure I have backups of anything you can't afford to lose.

If it shows up before windows starts than you have 2 drives that are not working together or like others say, one could be damaged. Try other cables too to check if that could be the problem. It's for a hardware problem.

* pack=collection of drivers in this case