How do I restart a install loop?

Birds

My nlite install on my netbook fails due to the 'registers components' issue. Even after restart it gets to the same place and hangs.

So I want to try a non nLite install. But every reboot it doesn't get a 'press any key' msg, but starts winXP immediately, and tries to restart setup, regardless I put a different disk in.

How do I start from scratch again?

Birds, I guess I don't understand the question. First, I would suggest trying F8 to get into Safe Mode and if you can, please record and report the stop error code. If you have an AMD CPU and slipped SP3, then you may need KB53356. By non nLite install, I assume you mean a CD. If so set your BIOS to boot from the CD and don't boot from the HDD with the bad copy of Windows. Also, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

it would keep going from HDD seemingly, even tho BIOS set to boot from the CD. In the end I just put orig XP CD in anyway, and it completed. Strangely, auto login etc from the nlite applied, but components - i dunno.

Also the touchpad doesn't respond. But now at least I can reinstall again.