Nlite => Slipstreaming XP SP3 - License problem

smsc

Hello guys,

I'm trying to slipstream SP3 into a ORIGINAL Windows CD using nlite.

ORIGINAL cd means oginal (and genuine) version from 2002 year, no service pack, modification or update was applied to this CD!

Slipstream seem goes ok, but after installation on first screen (logon screen) I got a strange error:

"Can't login license error" or something like this, and then caome back to Login Window!

That's strange because with nlite I only slipstream SP without apply anything else, and of couse I'm using genuine key!

Did I need to integrate SP1 and THEN SP3?? Or can I integrate directly SP3??

Can you please help me?

Thanks!

Edited by smsc

smsc, you should integrate only SP3. Without more information it is hard to speculate, so, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

johnhc, thanks for your fast reply, I only integrate SP3 on a fresh Windows XP Pro "SP0" using nlite then install it on VirtualPC using my genuine serial.

After a lots of test and a lots of Windows installation I discover the problem, thanks also to newsposter but too late :lol:

I running nlite on Windows Vista 64 Bit. Ok I know, there are tons of posts that alert us to "do not run nlite on vista", but there are also many other posts that claims victory on f*****ng vista os. I tried to set as "Windows XP SP2 compatibility" and run nlite as Administrator as msfn users, but no lucky! Maybe tricks doesn't work on 64bit.