Help me find a codec installer blocker.

I find that the majority of the virus I remove from my family's computers is from watching questionable movies, usually jokes or other funny videos.

anyway, I have tried tons of malware programs and none seem to block the codec installers or even alert the user that it may be a virus and they should go to such-and-such websites to get safe codecs. Is there any that will do this or is this not possible? These codecs are killing me and keep me overly busy.

Thanks in advance

-=Mark=-

I'd suggest buying Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for their real-time protection. They detect a huge number of these "codecs".

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Do you know, by chance, of a good general purpose codec pack for WMP. I have noticed in the past I've needed legit codecs, but most my users have no clue. It' would be nice to have a codec megapack to download so they can be sure the popup will be a virus and not a legit request.

Thanks for reply

-=Mark=-

The onyl issue I have with codec packs is that they increase the chances of a blue screen. Aside from that, I have personally used KLite Mega Codec Pack, but rely on VLC media Player too.