Problems in installing windows XP

ahmad2080

Hello,

I have a problem in installing windows XP on my notebook.

Using a regular bootable XP CD the system boots and begin the setup process, it loads the kernel and other stuff until it reaches the part "Setup is loading windows" at the bottom of the screen, then it shows the blue death screen.

As I heared from other people, this happens because the XP cd doesn't contain the SATA drivers!!! :blink:

Searching for a solution all over the web, I used the nLite program to add the SATA drivers to the XP cd...........BUT, the problem is still there.

So why does the blue death screen show up?and is it related to the Sata drivers?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ahmad2080

no error codes, no pretty pictures?

Can you go into your BIOS and set your drive to ATA mode? If yes, and doing so makes the install progress, then i would estimate that your issue is SATA drivers

My BIOS has no options for the ATA mode....

I know that simple BIOS trick as people solved similar problems by doing that.

no error codes, no pretty pictures?

I really don't understand what are you asking about!! :unsure:

Do you want me to post the error code in the blue screen? Or are you asking if there are any error codes appearing during the installation processs?

ahmad2080,

Do you want me to post the error code in the blue screen
Of course we want you to post the BSOD error code. Do you think we are clairvoyant here? Is it a 000007B, perhaps? If so, we are. Also, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

ahmad2080, the Last Session is in your source folder after running nLite unless you checked the Option to not save it there. If so there is a copy in the Windows\Program Files\nLite\Presets folder by date code. Please remember to attach it, not paste it. The 7B says you do not have the correct text mode drivers and it cannot find a drive to install Windows. Do a Google on BSOD error stop 7B and see what you find. I am really not sure what newsposter is talking about, but you have installed nothing, so of course you need to install. First you need to find the correct text mode SATA drivers. Please post the link to your MB driver DL site. Enjoy, John.

I have a problem in installing windows XP on my notebook.

What was the state of the notebook prior to that ?

My notebook has Vista OS installed...I need to install XP and dual boot between both...

I guess that I didn't use the proper drivers with nlite the last time. If you could tell me what drivers do I need exactly, it would be great.

Here is a snapshot of my Controllers and bus adapters :

post-237972-1239924183_thumb.jpg

Belarc advisor is what I used to gather info on my notebook.

Actually, installing XP is not my only problem. Any bootable CD that I use can boot but can't be loaded. (i.e. I can boot from hiren's boot CD but I can't load any of its programs. AND I can reach the booting screen of Knoppix live CD but it can't be loaded-->i.e. loading kernel: FAIL,.........)

Edited by ahmad2080

ahmad2080,

Yeah, that are your drivers (ICH9M). Just follow Fernando's excellent guide right in this forum. You need the driver johnhc pointed out (32-bit Floppy Configuration Utility), which are the same as those in Fernando's guide (under 2a).

You need also "INF Update Utility - Zip Format" from johnhc's link, which can be either integrated with nLite or installed afterwards.

GL

*Edit: afterwards = after windows is installed and fully booted

Edited by GrofLuigi

ahmad2080,

Yeah, that are your drivers (ICH9M). Just follow Fernando's excellent guide right in this forum. You need the driver johnhc pointed out (32-bit Floppy Configuration Utility), which are the same as those in Fernando's guide (under 2a).

You need also "INF Update Utility - Zip Format" from johnhc's link, which can be either integrated with nLite or installed afterwards.

GL

*Edit: afterwards = after windows is installed and fully booted

I've used those drivers and created an ISO file. Here is Session.ini :

Last_Session.ini

Should I proceed and burn it?