A new FPS/RPG wanted.

Stoner81

Hey guys just wanted to get some thoughts on this one ok... Im a massive FPS/RPG fan and im after a new game to get stuck into i played Fallout 3 to death then they brought out the bloody expansion so gotta start again on that but hey ho!!!

So does anybody have any thoughts on a new FPS/RPG thats out atm? Or even third person is ok depending on the game, Wanted - Weapons Of Fate looks good but thought i would ask the boys kinda thing first!

So lets get going shall we!

Stoner81.

lol star wars jedi knight jedi out cast haha made 2001 or 2000 but i think they still sell it

i have at least finshed that game 9 times over a few years

its a good game not sure if its what your looking for but mabye resident evil 4 that was good but not sure if thats what you want

as for Weapons Of Fate looks all right but some people on game spot gave it a 3.5 and 7.5 and if i remeber star wars jedi knight jedi out cast got like 10s lol

COD 4 is awesome. COD 5 is pretty good unless you are sick of WW2 shooters. Bioshock is good too and has some RPG elements as well as STALKER Clear Sky. Crysis and Crysis Warhead seem like pretty good FPS too. Crysis Warhead comes with the multiplayer component "Crysis Wars" on a separate disk which is a great multiplayer game. All of the Battlefield games are good multiplayers too.

As for pure RPG games you would like Oblivion if you like Fallout. And if you are a true elder scrolls fan then playing morrowind is also fun.

FEAR 2 has just come out I think. FEAR 1 and the expansions were good too. The Orange Box would be up there in games I would recommend. Doom 3, Quake 4 and Prey are also good FPS that have been out for a while. All of the Unreal Tournament games are sweet as too. Even the first one is still great to play. I would skip UT 2003 though and get 2004 as it has everything 2003 has and more.

As for more RPG's Dark Messiah of Might & Magic seems pretty good. Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 are up there with good RPG's. Thief: Deadly Shadows is suppose to be good, I am going to install it on my PC soon.

There you go, a heap of games to consider. Hope this helps!

Have you even played many newer games starcraftmaster? I doubt you have or you wouldn't say that. Newer games are so immersive and have amazing graphics and tricked out game mechanics. Played COD 4 before? Played Crysis before? BTW the Orange Box and Half-Life 2 are some of the highest rated games in the world for PC according to metacritic. So is Bioshock. In fact the highest rated games on PC for all time in metacritic are Half-Life 2, Out of the Park Baseball(which only has 5 review BTW), The Orange Box, Half-Life 1 and Bioshock. Half-Life 1 is the oldest game there but that it because in its day it was sooo good. Now it is pretty good but not as good as newer games. I will admit Starcraft is good but don't say that most newer games are boring and crap since your PC can't even handle Starwars Battlefront 1 http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=130219 so I don't think you would have properly played many newer games.

Edited by Zenskas

I highly recommend the Witcher EE.

I personally played it twice and got all the quests and its quite an awesome game. Right now I got the Last Remnant and COD5 that are coming with my GTX 285 purchases. I also have Oblivion 4 coming in the pipeline from Amazon since i am interested in what all the hype is about for tha game. But yeah the Witcher hands down is the best RPG I have played.

Ok thanks for the suggestions the main problems I have are as follows;

Prey - Completed

Star Wars Jedi Outcast - Completed

Oblivion (plus expansions) - Completed

The Witcher - Completed

Elder Scrolls 3 (plus all expansions) - Completed

Far Cry - Completed

Doom3 (and expansion) - Completed

Quake 4 - Completed

Crysis - Completed

COD5 - not played yet

So yeah ive been busy!!! lol! thanks for your suggestions guys much appreciated.

lol Zenskas i got a better laptop which plays battle front on full graphics HAH

plus yea newer games their all right you know but older games are just so good and you never forget the oldies like supermario and pokemon

but i bet ya in 2 years you wont hear crap about Prey,Crysis ,COD5 and cod 4 what ever crap short name it has

i mean in the first year of new games come out they get forgotten fast

i mean you never forget games like perfect dark ,golden eye , killer instinct ,star craft,star wars jedi knight jedi out cast, that rally game on nin 64, zelda both on nin 64 , and much much more lol.

plus Zenskas it anit all about graphics lol its about having fun Lol

Edited by starcraftmaster

but i bet ya in 2 years you wont hear crap about Prey,Crysis ,COD5 and cod 4 what ever crap short name it has

Id be surprised if COD4 was about to go away

killer instinct,star wars jedi knight,that rally game on nin 64

whats that?

definately recommend the Half Life Series - Half Life,Opposing Force,Blueshift,Decay,HL2,HL2e1,HL2e2

or you could wait for black mesa source which is an awesome looking remake of HL1

All of the Unreal Tournament games are sweet as too. Even the first one is still great to play. I would skip UT 2003 though and get 2004 as it has everything 2003 has and more.

I cant help but sort of disagree and say that my oppinoin is that you should only play the original because it is better then the sequals.

and ofcourse UT99 has Strangelove which is awesome

So yeah definately orange box should keep you busy for a couple of days till you need some more games

or you could play The Hell, a mod for the Hellfire expansion to Diablo I apparently that has a lot of game time on the hardest difficulty, think of it as preperation for Diablo III

plus yea newer games their all right you know but older games are just so good and you never forget the oldies like supermario and pokemon

i mean you never forget games like perfect dark ,golden eye , killer instinct ,star craft,star wars jedi knight jedi out cast, that rally game on nin 64, zelda both on nin 64 , and much much more lol.

No, no, no! Can your laptop play crysis then??? Sure you never forget older games but you can't sit on them all the time. They get...old, fast if you know what I mean. Actually Prey is a good game that plenty of people play and it came out more than two years ago.

COD 4 is still one of the most popular online games right now and came out about a year and a half ago. Not forgotten!

And you can't say you will forget the newer games yet anyway as you can still remember them :wacko:

Didn't say it was about graphics. The gameplay of some new games is just amazing. Playing COD 4 and Bioshock is like watching a movie!

EDIT: And awergh, I said ALL the UT series games. And I also recommended UT 2004. Just because the first one may be better does not mean you should not play 2004. If you only played the game you thought was the best, you would get bored pretty quick now wouldn't you?

Edited by Zenskas

EDIT: And awergh, I said ALL the UT series games. And I also recommended UT 2004. Just because the first one may be better does not mean you should not play 2004. If you only played the game you thought was the best, you would get bored pretty quick now wouldn't you?

I guess, maybe i decided to be completely for only playing the orrinal or soemthing hmm, if you like ONS then UT2004 is probably better, bored? probably depends if you only play one game which is probably not normal?, I guess im waiting for UT99(2) hopefuly UT4 though the whole consoles thing being more important then PC doesnt sound so good

No, no, no! Can your laptop play crysis then??? Sure you never forget older games but you can't sit on them all the time. They get...old, fast if you know what I mean. Actually Prey is a good game that plenty of people play and it came out more than two years ago.

COD 4 is still one of the most popular online games right now and came out about a year and a half ago. Not forgotten!

And you can't say you will forget the newer games yet anyway as you can still remember them :wacko:

Didn't say it was about graphics. The gameplay of some new games is just amazing. Playing COD 4 and Bioshock is like watching a movie!

lol just looking at jb hi fi paper now

see NEW games for about $15 - 30 each some of the games you said too

and then i see star craft for $15 and diablo1 for $10 which is a game thats been out for 11 years and s***ting all over newer games

i think am just gettting old or some thing lol just dont seem to play or like games as much i uesd to

new games are allright i guess just i am a old guy

i like old games old movies (like chuch norris and old star wars)

and old music(eric claptoon guns and roses and jimi hendix and old tv shows (like macgver and walker texas ranger and the old simpsons shows)

i was ment to be born in the 60s but for some reson borned in the 90s lol