Vista x64 workaround for Camera Raw and DNG thumbnails...almost perfec

AbstractTheorem

Here is what I figured out so far how to make Canon Raw files and DNG thumbnails viewable in explorer x64 without paying 29.95 a codec (60 dollars is stupid to spend on something which should be already free):

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1887701#1887701

read that post first.... was going to re-post it here in a trimmed down form... but I figured... hell might as well just link it.

Now what I would like to do is ... well basically make a button for explorer x64 that forces generation of thumbnails in the current directory with explorer x86 (that WOW version) or a Shortcut that will just refresh the thumbnails for a given directory..... or something else which will remove the need to scroll around like a jackass with Explorer x86 until thumbnails are made.

Thoughts ... ideas?...flames?

Well, I've found that Windows Live Photo Gallery is a rather good thumbnail maker in this case. Just add whatever directories you want thumbnails of to the library and just kick back and let it work.

And, yes, $30 for thumbnails is moronic at best. If more than Windows and a handful of image viewers used the WIC codecs, I could see some value here.