HP Recovery not working.

youmees

Ok I found out that if you partition the hard drive that has the HP Recovery partition on it, it will do something to the MBR causing the F11 to not work when starting the computer.

Ideally I'd want F11 to work again, but i just read that 7 page thread about it and I didn't understand a thing.

Could I somehow set the Recovery partition to be one of my boot options? I am currently dual booting between vista and windows 7. Can I make it a triple boot between HP recovery, vista and windows 7?

Ok I found out that if you partition the hard drive that has the HP Recovery partition on it, it will do something to the MBR causing the F11 to not work when starting the computer.

Ideally I'd want F11 to work again, but i just read that 7 page thread about it and I didn't understand a thing.

Greetings,

Sorry for this late reply. I had several problems with my notebook that -at last- have been solved.

The mentioned thread was dedicated only to solve the "Recovery partition could not be found" error message. Do you have the same problem?

I still didn't fix my F11 function but that's not a problem where you can repair your comp. anytime using the F8 Bootloader option.

Could I somehow set the Recovery partition to be one of my boot options? I am currently dual booting between vista and windows 7. Can I make it a triple boot between HP recovery, vista and windows 7?

IMHO, it's possible, but I didn't try to do something similar, and I'm not familier with vista and never used windows 7 before........So, I guess that I can't help you. Sorry.

Edited by ahmad2080