General

Slinkie

I've been following NLITE since the days of Win 3.x I think this is the same group.

I thought the goal was to reduce Windows version whatever to its lowest terms.

I am not talking badly about any person who has ever posted here. I do not mean

this post to apply to anyone here or those who may read this and this is only my

own opinion and observation and I may well be wrong. We all know that any version

of Windows... past, present and future is bloated. I thought that this group was

dedicated to removing that bloat. But I see people asking how to integrate this and

that and the other into NLITE. Again, I am NOT talking badly to any person here and

do not want to cause a flame war, so please do NOT take this as such and please

do not flame me. All that said isn't there a point in this development where we must

reach a point where we have done the best possible job and say that no more can be

done. Select a Win XP, for instance SP2, and say that we will work on this but no

further but that we will clean it up as best we can. I have used NLITE as a basis

and then have removed things beyond what NLITE does. It is frustrating work and

Microsoft gets in its own way. Where is MHUNI.... I hope he is very busy with a very

good job wherever he is and has no time anymore for this anymore. I hope he is not

discouraged by all the posts about how this and that and the other does not work and

how do I integrate the very latest bloatware from M$Soft. If you want to flame me or

would wish to communicate with me other than here, or to educate me please send

responses to gymnp@yahoo.com I do not know what point that I am trying to

make. I spend the majority of my computer life trying to hack WinXP SP2 With help from

NLITE and my own hacking I think I have done well. It is possible to go beyond NLITE

and I have done things to WinXP SP2 that are not allowed to be discussed here. Folks,

I really do spend too much of my life hacking Windows, I'm not married or have a girlfrien right now.

Please don't start arguments and if you want to tell me how bad I am email me as above.

My goal that i think I have made is to make just ONE reduced WinXP SP2 image that can

be restored to any PC Compuyer. I cannot post this here and I will not talk to those who

want a simple EXE file because there is not such. Anyway, I have talked too much and

ONE MORE TIME do noy start a war or any bad comments about my post. Moderator

will probably remove this anyway.

The End

Impossible to read. I won't be reading or commenting here until the OP learns some punctuation and sentance structure.

It is hard to believe that someone (anyone) knows anything about computers when they are unable to communicate effectively.

As a not-native english reader/writer it is readable and a little bit understandable.

But what`s the goal? THX 4 your statement. Congratulations.

BTW: The name is NUHI... :whistle: But no need to try again.

Edited by g-force

I understand the point and would agree that nLite could be made to make a 'least bloated' install of SP2, but that's not all it is. nLite, vLite and many other tools of this type can also be used to 'customize' a person's install disk. How the utility is used is up to the user.

If it was designed ONLY to reduce bloat, that would leave out all of the 'hackers' that aren't trying to reduce the size of Windows and instead prefer to use it for registry tweaks, slipstreaming service packs and/or other tasks that it also handles.

The bottom line seems to be that you can use the tool any way you see fit, regardless of whether that use adds or removes from the resulting install size. Like the old Burger King slogan goes, "Have it YOUR way". :thumbup

Thanks for the replies. I know my post might have not made much sense, maybe.

But one gentleman did make a positive reply. You see, I think that I take this thing

far too personally. I fight it like The Man Of La Mancha. I fight windmills. But I

always think that there is an answer. To dream the impossible dream; to fight

the unbeatable foe, etc. Windows does not have to be as screwed up as it is,

but M$ made it that way. Yet I feel that if I persist enough that I will prevail.

I've done well in my efforts but it is like the little dutch boy plugging the dam.

We are up against the most 'dishonest' operating system ever conceived.

Win ver ANYTHING is truly screwed up. LINUX is NOT an alternative. It is

good for what it is good for but not for most of us. I did not mean to offend

anyone, though I misspelled the author's name. I was intoxicated when I posted

and have had a few drinks now, too. Please do not think badly of me. I'm

only frustrated. By my lack of knowledge of how WIN really works.

I do appreciate the comment about what NLITE is for and to 'have it your way'.

That was a good explaination. Hope I didn't offend anyone as that was not my

intent. I'm just frustrated and confused by my lack of knowledge. My Current

WINXP SP2 has a hard drive footprint of 336 MB with all the apps that I want.

The GHOST compressed image is is 134.270.005 Bytes. I use FAT32 so that I

can get to my HDD with a boot disk. Due the one man's post I understand the

intent of NLITE much better. i did not think of it in that way. Sometimes to understand

a question or a problem we are too far involved. Likle seeing the forrest for the

trees.

Well, everyone, thank you