Auto Unofficial Updates for 98

After Some thought I have decided to opt out of this project. Windows 98 is not the best candidate for .NET programing if you are interested in an auto updates program look at this topic for auto patcher: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=80800

thanks helpdesk98

Edited by helpdesk98

I tried my program on a 98 it worked, but I found that the way it receives the updates from me dose not correctly work in most cases and the alternate to getting the updates is to install a package of txt files so now my plan is to get on ebay and buy Visual Basic 6. I still want to make the program, but I think it will be more stable if I use VB6

:whistle: Would it be Possible to use "Inf"/"zip"for Win98SE update packages downloaded from a Hosted Website ;And put into a monthly/bi-monthly updated download package like Autopatcher2000,and xp already does.*MSFN Win98SE programmers put updates on one forum area for updates only then the updates are packaged as a download-either separately or combined ???(kinda like Mdgx does?) :thumbup oh well its a thought for helping new users find all necessary downloads easier! :blink:

thanks for the input

I did notice the some of the programs mentioned above shortly after making the post, but I did learn things through this process I learned a few new tricks in 08. I got my VB 6 Ordered and it should be to me the beginning of next week :thumbup hopefully it wont be too hard to go from VB 08 to VB 6.

• 2 weeks later...