Fileset 9, all done

fdv

yes, 2000 is cd only; sorry.

you might be able to do it anyway but the problem is that because things are the way they are, the install will ask you for like 300 files that are not used, so you have to put a piece of tape on your ESC key to keep the install going (or set your coffee cup on it??) and it will install okay. annoying but it works.

in general, graduate school keeps me so busy that unfortunately i just do not have time for any of this anymore. i can mod this sub-board no prob but i mean as far as developing my own work further.

the 2000, xp, and 2003 filesets unfortunately have to stay as they are UNLESS i am given the data to change or the precise fix for a bug.

:) What you guys are talking about? Even my old VIA (KT400 and KT600) boards have "usb cd-rom" as a boot option (press F11 for boot menu).

So I have received the usb burner now and when I choose to boot from usb it installs perfectly!

At least on the KT400 i.e. on a Pata (IDE) disk.

On the KT600 things are much slower ('setup detects hardware' takes 10 mins) and when the setup screen appears it shows the F6 message (which then disappears) and just seems to sit there.

This is a pity because this board has Pata and Sata connectors I could experiment with. Anyway the board seems to fall back to usb 1.x speeds.

On another board, Asus A8V, I get an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error after all files have been copied to disk. And that is using an Sata disk (!) on yet another VIA chipset.

Maybe MS knows about this: 883114 so I'll make an iso including that fix. (although that article talks about 'may not start after you install the OS')

Last thing: the 'immediate reconnect of usb devices on VIA a board' is back. Which got fixed at some point. But (for now) I'll use KB827675 as suggested in post #37 of this thread.

Edited by Brabant

That wasn't it. But the new set with the old CLS does install. The file with differences and linenumbers is attached. I don't think anything got removed from the old CLS, only stuff (MSI) has been added.

Did you get it working by adding those lines in HIVECLS.INF?

• 2 months later...