Fileset 9, all done

fdv

Error message:

The entry "uniata.sys" in the [sourceDisksFiles] section

of the INF file is corrupt or missing.

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

I notice that the entry is commented out in layout.inf. The prior file did NOT have it commented out. I tried uncommenting out the line without success.

Wow, that's really impresive, mate!

Thanks alot for continuing with refining this awesome win2k fileset of yours!!!

(To be honest, then i was affraid that you wouldn't concentrate on your win2k fileset anymore, now that you had changed over to using XP and making a XP fileset, but luckilly, then you proved me wrong!...)

I'll be testing it in a few days time or so...

Again, thanks alot fdv - YOU ROCK!!!

Neither having uniata.sys in FDVFILES nor i386 eliminates the error message. On both cases attempted install of the generated ISO (on a virtual machine) results in the error message

Windows 2000 Setup

The entry "uniata.sys" in the [sourceDisksFiles] section

of the INF file is corrup or missing.

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

The problem may be a user error on my part. Can anyone confirm or refute?

Good timing of this release. I've discovered my friend has an original Windows 2000 (no service pack whatsoever) cd that I can source from.

About help files, though, I have found that xCHM for Windows does a good job viewing them, and it can easily be set as the default help viewer. I know you removed the help directory with this fileset, but still.

@fdv:

1. Would it be possible for me to change NONENG.INF, so that only the danish language is installed, and not the rest ?

2. Why do you by default also keep Cyrillic and Hebrew ?

3. Why msiexec changed to autostart ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Martin H

@FDV

In txtsetup.sif then 'uniata' and 'iteatapi' should be commented out under [sCSI.Load].

Btw, is the commenting-out of 'msoe50.inf,Uninstall' in syssetup.inf under [infs.Always] an error or intentional ?

@All

Untill FDV gets around to fixing it, then do the txtsetup.sif change by yourself to stop the install from failing during textmode-setup...

Edited by Martin H

In txtsetup.sif then 'uniata' and 'iteatapi' should be commented out under [sCSI.Load].

Okay

Btw, is the commenting-out of 'msoe50.inf,Uninstall' in syssetup.inf under [infs.Always] an error or intentional ?

Intentional. I didn't mean to leave it saying "Uninstall" -- it should've said Install, it's for my own testing and use. But the commenting out is intentional.

Would it be possible for me to change NONENG.INF, so that only the danish language is installed, and not the rest ?

Can you give me the filenames of the Dutch language? Give me those and I'll swap some things around

Why do you by default also keep Cyrillic and Hebrew ?

Because I have some long, long-time users who are Russian and Israeli :) I can add Dutch permanently no prob.

Why msiexec changed to autostart ?

Honestly, I thought that it is supposed to be? Can anyone clarify on this?

The Windows Installer service i.e. msiexec.exe is set to manual by default(i checked on Black Viper's Win2k-Pro-SP4 services reference page), and i have also never had a problem with having it set as manual, as it always starts on demand for me. It uses about 2.5 megs.

When using HFCLEANUP, then i get danish keyboard by making an underscore infront of 'KBDDA.DL' in 'ZZZ_ENGLISH_ONLY.rem', so that the file isn't deleted and isn't filtered out of inf's. I know that this of course isn't HFCLEANUP, but im just refering to that it is the only file i know of(danish keyboard layout file). Is that enough ?

I have just finished doing a test install, and i haven't got time now to check everything out, but i will report back later. However, these are the issues during the install:

files needed:

agt0407.dll on [unknown]

MDACrdMe.htm on [unknown]

@Registering components:

Error registering C:\WINNT\system32\amstream.dll

Error registering C:\WINNT\system32\bdaplgin.ax

Edit: OK, back home now... These are the issues i currently found, although maybe i'm wasting my breath here, as it might be bacause of the above errors, i dunno...

Anyway, just in case, then i'll list them here:

No languages other than english, even though i ammended syssetup.inf as per the instructions.

In the start menu, there's a 'Documents' and a 'Help' entry, and the start menu dosen't use small icons anymore.

Windows Explorer hasen't been tweaked, so file-extensions are hidden, hidden files are hidden etc. etc.

.TXT and .LOG files cannot be opened, and Windows ask where to find NOTEPAD.EXE...

No 'Show Desktop.scf' in quick launch.

The Windows Installer service was set to manual and not auto as per the changelog, but i don't have a problem with that.

Thanks in advance, mate :)

Edited by Martin H

Can you give me the filenames of the Dutch language? Give me those and I'll swap some things around

Same question as Martin really. What to look for? I can say that with set 8 both NLD and US installs have the same 43 .nls files installed, so I'd guess only reg entries are needed.

fdv: If you want things like Agent or Windows Scripting Host, right click on the corresponding INF file (AGTINST.INF, WSH.INF, etc. etc.) and select "install."

Dumb question: Right click the WSH.INF in the FDVFILES folder before running hfslip? Does this persist?

Or copy WSH.INF into the INF folder in W2K after the installation is complete and install from there?

Mike