No hard disks in Disk Management

ic0dk0c00

Well, that's incredibly odd. You can't even see your regular hard drives. Did you install anything or update anything recently that would have installed a filter driver (like antivirus or virtual drive software), or modify the source with nlite?

I don't think is hidden partition. I booted the PC with the old hard drive and the disk management could see all the drives. While it was working i ran 2 antivirus and Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. The removal tool found something and removed it but it didn't fix the problem. And now when I search for something on google the links sometimes send me to http://maybeask.info/search.php and other sites I didn't want. I think its time to reinstall windows.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here... you must have gotten a baaad thing installed that scrodd you.

Try an Upgrade Install (i.e. "Install Over Top" - you'll find instructions on that) and pray...

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here! Please, if someone has found a solution help me. I have wasted the last 6 hours trying to figure out what's going on, but still can't find an answer anywhere!!! Please Help, my computer acts weird due to "drive letter conflicts" and I can't change it anywhere! Please HELP! Thank you..

I did it!!!!! I lost 8 hours of my precious time, but I did it!!!!!

So, what was it? drumroll............ A virus!

I checked with my Avira Antivirus, nothing. Zonealarm, nothing. Some other free antivirus programs, nothing. I've tried ANYTHING that I could from Paragon Hard Disk Manager and Norton Partition Magic, fdisk etc but it only got worse. I *almost* lost my precious files.

So what fixed it? SuperAntispyware program, which I stumbled on accidentely!

The **** virus was called Rootkit.Agent and it was hidden behind drivers/services or something like that.