SATA drivers for MSI MS-7184 motherboard

crackhammer

Hello All,

I am planning to install retail XP pro on HP machine. I would like to slipstream SATA drivers in the XP CD so that new 1TB Samsung F1 HDD is recognized during retail OS installation.

I searched for these drivers and closest I could come are here. I am not very sure if these are right drivers.

Can any expert tell me if these are correct drivers or if there are generic drivers for AMD systems those I could use.

Upon searching I found generic drivers for Intel motherboards but none for AMD motherboards and my processor is AMD Athlon 64 (V) 3400+ 2.2 GHz.

Many thanks for the answers.

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

We should know the chip of your mainboard's Southbridge and the SATA mode (AHCI or RAID) your hdd is runnng.

If you can still boot into Vista, do the following:

1. Run the Device Manager and open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "Storage Controllers" sections.

2. Post the names of the Controllers, which are listed, or do a screenshot of the Device Manager and put a link into your next post.

Thanks Fernando and oioldman for your replies.

@Fernando, I will post the details later in the day (as I am at school now) but the link that Oioldman provided about the motherboard that I am talking about. Does anything on that page answer your question?

And I have non-english XP Home at the moment so I am not very sure how far I will be able to get what you are asking me for, still I will try, if the link provided by oioldman doesn't answer your question.

@oioldman, The link that you provided, I have that one in my original post as well but my issue is, I am not very sure if its the right driver. I don't want to mess up the machine by using wrong set of drivers. Hence I asked if there are any generic drivers for AMD chipsets.

MSI doesn't list this motherboard on their website. I tried searching, looks like its not sold anymore..

Edited by crackhammer

@Fernando, I will post the details later in the day (as I am at school now) but the link that Oioldman provided about the motherboard that I am talking about. Does anything on that page answer your question?
Not completely.
And I have non-english XP Home at the moment so I am not very sure how far I will be able to get what you are asking me for, still I will try, if the link provided by oioldman doesn't answer your question.
If you are running XP, you should open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "SCSI and RAID Controllers" section of the Device Manager and look for the names of the listed Controllers ("Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controllers" are from Microsoft and not interesting for me).

Even better would be, if you can check the HardwareID's of all listed Controllers (except "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller") by doing a right click onto the Controllers > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareID's".