Help stopping auto log on!

Rookie question and first time post! I set up a slipstream with nlite for an OEM XP professional original distribution and added sp2. Everything went as planned on the install and the system is working well. My problem is that in the slipstream, I set it up for an auto user log on. By mistake I used the Administrator for the auto log on. My dilemma is now I can't stop the auto log on. How do I reset everything to do a generic log in as if the auto log was never activated? If I download one of Microsoft's utilities will one of them take care of it? :blushing:

Edited by wparente

TwaekUI didn’t work. After reading through other similar threads I found a reference to a regedit for auto log on that worked. Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbup

Edited by wparente

You have the next methods for resolving this problem:

Method 1

By default, MSGina.dll checks the state of the SHIFT key when AutoAdminLogon is 1. If the SHIFT key is held down during the boot process, MSGina.dll will ignore the AutoAdminLogon key value and prompt the user for identification and authentication information interactively. You can use this method to temporarily disable automatic logon at startup.

Method 2

Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type control userpasswords2, and then click OK. In the dialog box that appears, enable Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer check box, and then click OK.

Method 3

Click Start, Run and type rundll32 netplwiz.dll,ClearAutoLogon

Method 4

Use this method only if you've configured the automatic logon using the registry manually. Because, automatic logon procedure using Control Userpasswords2 or using Tweak UI does not involve Winlogon \ DefaultPassword key at all. They are stored in protected area rather.

• Open Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ WindowsNT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon

• Delete the DefaultPassword entry.

• Double-click AutoAdminLogon, type 0 in the Value Data box, and then click OK.