How to delete a file on AppData folder?

Cauptain

Hi plp,

I need a very help.

I want delete a file on C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\AppData\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG - via .BAT file

I try this:

del /Q C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\AppData\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG

erase /Q C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\AppData\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG

Not working on XP but working on Vista OS.

This file is Hidden and System file.

Anyone help-me?

Probably because it's a system file.

Are you experiencing any errors relating to this file or did it look at you funny?

It´s not funny man. I´m install a new AV soft (Trend).

My old AV (mcaffee) create a error on Outlook file. I need delete a extend.dat on OLK folder but in my home not use OLK. because this try on another file.

Tks for reply.

Cauptain, to begin with, since the file name contains blanks, it should be in quotes ("). If that still fails, try the /f switch (force).

Example: del /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\AppData\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG " /f

I got this from Help and Support in the Start menu. Please let us know how it turns out. Enjoy, John.

You should be able to delete it as long as the account it belongs to isn't logged on, so you have to have another administrator account to delete it from.

Edited by redxii

Also you might be confused about the path to the file. In XP it's:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG

But still, if the account is logged in you can't delete it.

Edited by redxii

Cauptain, to begin with, since the file name contains blanks, it should be in quotes ("). If that still fails, try the /f switch (force).

Example: del /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\AppData\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG " /f

I got this from Help and Support in the Start menu. Please let us know how it turns out. Enjoy, John.

Tks johnhc, but not working. :blushing:

Cauptain, did you do what redxii suggested? Do you get an error or does it just not delete the file? Please remove the /q switch and run it from a command prompt and post a screen shot. Enjoy, John.

You have to log out of the Administrator (Administrador) account and use another account to delete that file in the Administrator's profile folder.

It´s a hard ..No way, I create a new admin account, type de lines and...nothig.

Wheres my error??

Cauptain, you need to do what redxii says, but first, remove the /Q switch and run only the one with the quotes (") and /f. Please post a screen shot. Enjoy, John.

Many many many Tks guys: redxii & johnhc :thumbup

The last tip work flawless. Yeah great team work :thumbup

I change the user for "actual user". PERFECT

del "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Dados de aplicativos\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat" /f

I´m to sleep very happy now.

Muito Obrigado :blushing:

Claudio Raphael "aka" Cauptain

Have you considered in this forum the "Unlocker" software? It does really work and deletes any file, no matter what process it's stuck to or which user is logged in.

p.s. It's not my intention to advertise; I have found it as an nLite addon.

Regards