Skype 4 Lite?

RHPT

usually i get skype.msi for business on skype website and use their own command:

start /wait msiexec /i SkypeSetup.msi INSTALLLEVEL=1 STARTSKYPE=FALSE ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:removeStartup.mst TRANSFORMS=:removeDesktopShortcut.mst /qr

this result in no skype plugin manager, no toolbar, no ie and ff addon

Edited by hannubys

Cool! If you don't mind me asking, what did you modify on the install, as far as taking stuff out?

My installer don't install Firefox and IE plugins, the shortcuts on the desktop and Send To are removed and the automatic startup is disabled.

usually i get skype.msi for business on skype website and use their own command:

start /wait msiexec /i SkypeSetup.msi INSTALLLEVEL=1 STARTSKYPE=FALSE ALLUSERS=1 TRANSFORMS=:removeStartup.mst TRANSFORMS=:removeDesktopShortcut.mst /qr

The STARTSKYPE=FALSE doesn't seem to work. I still had a registry entry for Skype to run on startup.

The STARTSKYPE=FALSE doesn't seem to work. I still had a registry entry for Skype to run on startup.

The modified installer i make doesn't have that problem because i disabled the registry entry responsible for it.

• 4 weeks later...
What do you use to make the .mst files for this installer?

you do not have to worry about the command line above with mst. Just execute it and it should work.

but to answer your question you can use Orca to make mst file. Ajua provide a skype lite you can use it because it is switchless installer. The only difference with mine is that i don't install the plugin manager.

Ok thanks dude, I have downloaded it and will have a nosy but it looks mega complicated!!! :o I have downloaded your installer for it since I also dont want the FF/IE plugins n stuff either.

Thanks for your help!