About embeding a vlk

Hi all,

this is my first post here so i dont know if this is the best place to ask.My question is if there s a way to embed a legit product key from a greek windows xp to an english one in order to make unattended cd.

Is this possibe in anyway and if yes how can it be done?It s a newbie question i know but im new to all this so...

Thanks in advance for all answers

P.S.: pls forgive any mistakes or misunderstanding during my posts as this is not my native language.

Edited by nic01

Hi Geek,

Yeah,I already confirmed that.The key code contains info about system 's language ,among other things,so it s not possible.

Anyways,now i should try to find a " post -sp3 -update pack" , that comes in greek language,in order to slipstream in my greek xp pro.I own this legit windows xp pro but since it is in greek ,i can not integrate english update packs in it.

So,if anyone could help me in this, find a link and post here , would really make a happy slipstreamer.

Edited by nic01

I'm using a English VLK with localized Spanish Windows XP. It also works the other way around.

I've got two unattended XP images, one made with all Spanish patches, I used Windows Update Downloader for that. It lets you choose the language.

The other image is in English.

You can also use a complete English version with all the English patches, and in the end apply the MUI pack that contains Greek, you can download it from Microsoft.

Just take care, that if you install Internet Explorer you have to install the English version and afterwards apply the MUI pack for Internet Explorer.

As a sidenote, localized windows versions are a tad more dificult to integrate, I found that when using Greenmachines svcpack.inf, mostly because of absence of language packs.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Escorpiom.

Edited by Escorpiom