The main page is not reflected using Webmaster's Site command

:o Hi,

I desgined a small website and submitted it to the Google Webmaster's Dashboard. After few days, it was showing the main page when I used the site command. Then I submitted a sitemap for the website that contained links to every other page.

Now when I check out the status of my website using the site command, it shows the AboutUs page instead of the main page (Index). The same is reflected if I carry on a search on the company name.

Does the sitemap need to contain a URL to the Index.html too or is it normal?

I am confused. Please help me understand why it shows AboutUs page instead of home page.

--

--

Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Sunday, April 05, 2009, 10:23:24 PM IST

• 2 weeks later...

The site: command will show ALL pages which google has indexed, in an order only they know.

The problem started after I gave them the sitemap. So I was just wondering if I need to include the home page URL as well in the sitemap? Because before the submission of the sitemap, it was showing main page.. I thot I will give the sitemap so that all pages are indexed... and then they started showing about us page leaving the main page.

If they are not showing the index page, does it mean that it has been removed from Google index for some reasons? If so, will not Google intimate me?

This is too confusing...

--

Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 10:55:56 PM IST