stream tv using tuner card at home

ceez

hello everyone. sorry didnt know where else to post this, but I have a curious question. As some of us know, MLB opening day is tomorrow monday April 6th. Since i'll be at work and not able to watch the opening day for the marlins at 4pm I wanted to know if I could stream vid from my house to my work computer.

I have a tv tuner card which I can plug into my computer and plug to the cable...works fine. Now is it possible to stream whatever is coming in to the tuner card over the web?

what software can accomplish this?

thanks,

ceez

:thumbup

Remote desktop isn't intended for video, that just won't work.

What he needs is some app that captures and streams the video (haven't used analog tuners in years, so no idea there -- support varies from a tuner to another too), and then something else to transcode it (VLC can, windows media server can too) to a bitrate his upstream speed can comfortably handle. Then he can connect to that through his firewall or router (open necessary port(s) first).

There might also be "all in one" software for this these days, not that I looked (I'm more into multicasting MPEG2 transportstreams myself)

thanks for the input guys. yeah apparently there's no market for setting up something like this with various software. It appears that the best bet is getting slingbox. Thanks for the info guys.

ceez

:thumbup

I remember reading someone, somewhere setting up his home system so he could watch his TV from another continent... But for the life of me I can't remember anything about it... Where I read it or how he did it...

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I just wanted to let you now it's possible and someone has done it, so don't give up too easy... :thumbup

GL