mager problems with xp freez up (HELP IM CLUELESS)

fun4now

ME DESKTOP COMPUTER RUNS XP AND IS JUST LOSING IT,

task manager icon appears 20 X in the little bar of stuff at bottom and freezes the system up. every time i sign on to the net i get run time error, do you want to debug. every time i try the debug it tells me no debugger available ?? this goes threw about 10 times with different line #'s but same results.

i cant get avg antie virus or spy bot to uninstall ?? tried to do a system restore and it said it cant restore to that point on every point i tried ??it just keeps telling me to try a different point ??

i tried a system cleaner from Comodo System Cleaner, it did not find as many things as the first one i tried, but it was free full version so i tried it and ow it keeps popping up telling me it found needed path allow change deny change ?? and this was driving me nuts as it popped up every few seconds. so i un-installed it, life just sucks with this desktop computer. the wife is the main user now that i have a new laptop, but i still have a lot of my old stuff and pictures on it. i also connect to the net threw it.

short question is ? is it possible to get this thing back to working like new without just doing a total restore from the restore partition,and will that over-wright all my stuff ??

be for the recent trials with the cleaners all i have ever done to it i use the disk clean up and def-rag that comes with the OS under system tools.

can it be saved ???

thanks for any and all help.

James

i am trying to upload a pic of the task manager that shows up on my sreen during freezup, it has no options or way to turn it off ??

post-234681-1238870106_thumb.jpg

Edited by fun4now

is it possible to save your e-mail settings and letters ?? to put back into outlook when you reload ?? burning copies of the rest of the stuff is easy, but i have no clue how to get her mail back to normal ?? don't want her to kill me.8^0

You can export your e-mail settings from outlook.

Export to a .pst file.

Afterwards import this .pst file in outlook when you reinstalled windows.

You'll just have to set your account settings in outlook manually.

Greetz, DJPro

Edited by DJPro

whats a pst file ? also need to keep here favorites from IE so she can find her pages again ? is there a program that will let me load all this stuff to a disk and then reinstall after i restart the comp ?? has to e a way to pass all this stuff if you get a new computer you would transfer all this stuff right ?? could i do the same just transfer it to disk then back to the same computer after i reinstall windows ?? that would keep me out of trouble and get her computer back to like new right ?? so can it be done ?