Error in installation unattended CD

tetrapro

Tetrapro, I think you`re messing up things more and more.

We tried to explain, that nLite creates $OEM$-Folder(s) and a "cmdlines.txt" itself like that:

[Commands]
"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection nLite.inf,U"

If you use "DriverPacks after nLite, it (maybe) adds a line to "cmdlines.txt":

[Commands]
"ROE.exe 937"

If you overwrite the "cmdlines.txt" with this one

[COMMANDS]
"RunOnceEx.cmd"
"tweaks.cmd"
"bootlogo.cmd"

instead od adding lines you`ll destroy setup-process.

Youre "runonceex.cmd" should look like this:

cmdow @ /HID
@Echo Off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\win51ip.SP3 SET CDROM=%%i:

SET PP=%cdrom%\Software

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Install Progs" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\004 /VE /D "Example" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\004 /V 1 /D "%PP%ExampleFolder\example.exe /Silent" /f

EXIT

And I think, that your "tweaks.cmd" and "bootlogo.cmd" are executed too early,

you better execute them by RunOnceEx than by "cmdlines.txt", so they run

after first logon, when they can write also to HKCU.

So I modified RunOnceEx.cmd as you said. I included all my batch cmd files in RunOnceEx.cmd. I attached it in my post here. I hope it is right. But now how do I run my RunOnceEx.cmd if I don`t have cmdlines.txt in $OEM$ folder? Sorry for all this questions but I am really stuck in here.

RunOnceEx.cmd

Edited by tetrapro

If you`ve got already "$OEM$\cmdlines.txt" after nLite:

[Commands]

then just copy your "runonceex.cmd" into that folder and add this line:

[Commands]
"runonceex.cmd"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help. Sorry for my late response but I`ve been testing unattended installation since then.

@g-force I followed everything you have said and it works great. There are still some problems but with silent installation of some programs like: Nero, Corel Draw, Vi-Play, Crystal Player, Google Earth, iSilo, Total_commander, Flv player, Apex Dc++ and some cosmetics which I am going to detail in the next few lines.

I will present my steps for unattended XP maybe others will benefit from it:

First step, I copied my unmodified original Windows XP to a folder named CD_windows. Then I made all tweaking possible with nlite: added only one service pack 3, then as presented in unattended guide I removed in nlite directories that are unuseful like: DOCS, VALUEADD, and SUPPORT. I chose SFC disabled to copy some protected files. I added some addons programs I found in nlite Add-ons sub-forum, then some windows tweaking in nlite. I got to the part finalizing and making ISO image. I stopped here.

Second step: I copied my folders: $OEM$, Software and Tweaks. In $OEM$ folder I have bootlogo.cmd(for bootscreen modified which is working), RunOnceEx.cmd ( for silent installation of software ) , tweaks.cmd ( for tweaking ) and cmdlines.txt (for calling the batch files I mentioned earlier). I also have $$ folder with sub-folders: Resources---Themes, system32 (in which I have landscape.exe (for logonui), oemkrnl.exe for bootscreen and reboot.exe), Web---Wallpaper.

Third: for my setup screen modified I copied two files in I386: winntbbu.dl_(which I made from winntbbu.dll) and winntbbu.dll modified by me.

4th step: to apply my theme I made some modifications in winnt.sif (in folder I386) like this:

[shell]

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Mytheme.theme"

and I made sure that this line is like this:

OEMPreinstall=Yes

Then I removed a part in [GuiRunOnce] from winnt.sif which was referring to nlite.cmd, which gave me an error.(In nlite.cmd appeared a line that was not right, something like this: "%windir%\daemon\dt4303r.exe", that folder daemon doesn`t exist, I don`t know where it came from in nlite.cmd).

Then I slipstreamed my drivers (which I collected with Driver Genius from my computer, the drivers allready installed) with DriverPacks BASE 8.12.4 program following a tutorial from a forum from driverpacks.net/).

Then I created the ISO image and that was pretty much it.

Some minor problems: it doesn`t apply my logonui which I mentioned earlier it is by the name landscape.exe. It just copying to system32 and that`s all. I attached my registry tweak for this: welcome.reg, maybe you can help me with that.

Second problem: it doesn`t apply my theme which I called it by that line in winnt.sif:

CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\Mytheme.theme"

welcome.reg

Edited by tetrapro

tetrapro, I think the problem with your welcome.reg is that your UIHost value needs double back slashes, not single, thus:

"UIHost"="%systemroot%\\system32\\landscape.exe"

You can try this simply by running your .reg file and seeing what it looks like in your Registry. If you look before, your will see that it is unmodified. Enjoy, John.

tetrapro, I think the problem with your welcome.reg is that your UIHost value needs double back slashes, not single, thus:
"UIHost"="%systemroot%\\system32\\landscape.exe"

You can try this simply by running your .reg file and seeing what it looks like in your Registry. If you look before, your will see that it is unmodified. Enjoy, John.

Now it`s working with that double back slashes, but the usernames don`t appear on screen, so I can`t log in.

tetrapro, I have changed my logonui.exe (and use the same Registry update) and have no such problem. I suspect your landscape.exe. Where did you get that. Attach it, if you like and I will take a look. Good luck, John.

EDIT: Hopefully you can go into Safe Mode and change your Registry back until you correct your problem with landscape.exe. Tap F8 when booting, select Safe Mode and make you Registry change and reboot. Please let us know what you discover. John.

Edited by johnhc

tetrapro, I have changed my logonui.exe (and use the same Registry update) and have no such problem. I suspect your landscape.exe. Where did you get that. Attach it, if you like and I will take a look. Good luck, John.

EDIT: Hopefully you can go into Safe Mode and change your Registry back until you correct your problem with landscape.exe. Tap F8 when booting, select Safe Mode and make you Registry change and reboot. Please let us know what you discover. John.

Actually, on my computer this landscape.exe aka lonogui it works great but when I copied on my unattended XP CD and I tested in Virtual Box didn`t work. That`s strange. Here is the link for landscape.exe: http://rapidshare.com/files/230253498/landscape.exe maybe you can tell me what it`s wrong with it. Landscape.exe I get it from a website.